Will there ever be a day???

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Awdhaemel
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Will there ever be a day???

Postby Awdhaemel » November 6th, 2017, 12:17 pm

Did a little research,  another reason it won't happen, since 1988,  the last 28 state championship games (112 participants) in A and AA, there were only 27 ( 3 - BG of course) or 24% private or Catholic schools in the final, and just a note Southern Columbia is a public school.  So your arguement public schools Don't have a chance is mathematically inaccurate.  Even adding Southern Columbia into the calculation it only increases to 35% private/Catholic participation in the finals.

• Advertisement
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » November 6th, 2017, 12:26 pm

PIAA Yes, you can go back to 1988 to fit your narrative, as I can go back over the last 5 years the championships have been dominated by privates with the only exception being AA. It didn't used to be an issue, but I think we're starting to see football slowly turn into basketball.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » November 6th, 2017, 12:31 pm

The last 5 years, 14 private schools have won while 8 public schools have won. (5 of the public wins are AA)

Awdhaemel
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Awdhaemel » November 6th, 2017, 12:33 pm

And you can go back the the last 5 years to fit your narrative.

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » November 6th, 2017, 12:36 pm

Well more recent times have more baring than 1988.

lilIndian91
Freshman
Freshman

Postby lilIndian91 » November 6th, 2017, 12:54 pm

A 1A school in the geographic center of a 6A district? The ability to control enrollment numbers to facilitate placement in 1A. No need to recruit when you can pic and choose. It's easy to spot future talent among the vast number of kids playing sports at a young age. I don't care how long they've been together because they were placed together. This did not happen by chance. This was by design, divine or otherwise. Winning championships means alumni donations to keep the diocese afloat. And yes BC will have their turn again. They should have collapsed long ago but the diocese keeps pumping out winners and spreading the wealth.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » November 6th, 2017, 1:00 pm

That post kind of comes off with a little "tin foil hat" paranoia-ish flair.

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » November 6th, 2017, 1:13 pm

Yea, I wouldn't go as far as that. People sending their gifted kids to schools with other gifted kids. Similar to an AAU team.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » November 6th, 2017, 1:35 pm

lilIndian91 wrote:A 1A school in the geographic center of a 6A district? The ability to control enrollment numbers to facilitate placement in 1A. No need to recruit when you can pic and choose. It's easy to spot future talent among the vast number of kids playing sports at a young age. I don't care how long they've been together because they were placed together. This did not happen by chance. This was by design, divine or otherwise. Winning championships means alumni donations to keep the diocese afloat. And yes BC will have their turn again. They should have collapsed long ago but the diocese keeps pumping out winners and spreading the wealth.

You can spot future talent among 8,9,10 year olds?! Wow! Colleges should be using you to recruit. I call BS. I have seen kids in midget and junior football absolutely dominate, only to be sub par at the varsity level simply because they either were wining the puberty race and slowed down or didn't continue to progress like other kids. Like wise I have seen flops in younger leagues turn into great great players.

ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby ChrisKentRam » November 6th, 2017, 1:37 pm

Awdhaemel wrote:And you can go back the the last 5 years to fit your narrative.

Have to agree with Hank here.  You are simply using numbers to fit your narrative.  Hank is using numbers to indicate that there is a problem that is going to continue to grow unless something is done.  Unfortunately, there probably won't be anything done.

Return to “Football”