Postby Crimson's Ghost » November 14th, 2017, 1:43 pm

Yeah DuBois. Could just be a rumor.

• Advertisement
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bishop Carroll Joins Mountain League as 2A School

Postby DragonsDoExist » November 14th, 2017, 2:36 pm

Yes, I've seen that idea tossed around as well. Something to do with KSAC & AML conferences merging to form one D9 league minus DuBois.
You play to win the game!!!

IHeartFootball2
Freshman
Freshman

Postby IHeartFootball2 » November 14th, 2017, 3:54 pm

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Interesting, I think the LHAC didn't totally think it through when they kicked them out.  Hence why they let them back in the league for all other sports.  

The whole move was done behind BC's back, so maybe had they been transparent with them and said this is what they wanted, it could have been resolved.

Well the guy that led the charge to get BC out of the LHAC probably never even thought about that, which shows how much he knows. That  would have been an easy fix for all parties. 

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » November 14th, 2017, 5:01 pm

I don't think it had anything to do with classification, more so the question of if they could field a team or not. And I don't think joining the MAC will peak any transfer interest. Losing sucks, driving 1-2 hours each week AND losing most weeks sucks worse. 

BoStillKnows
Freshman
Freshman

Postby BoStillKnows » November 15th, 2017, 9:31 am

I don't see Hollidaysburg getting in, just for the fact that they are A LOT bigger than any other of the schools. Hollidaysburg vs. Penns Valley or Bishop Carroll is just NOT a fair matchup, no matter how you look at it. I'd like to see Bellwood-Antis go back the MAC. They have ZERO competition in the ICC besides Mount Union, once every 5 years. I think if BA joined the MAC they wouldn't get the W's as much in the regular season but it would DEFINATELY help them be seasoned for the playoffs, and that is the area where I think they are struggling the most right now.

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » November 15th, 2017, 9:35 am

BA can't have a Gerwert or Davis every year, lol.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

Annex570
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Annex570 » November 15th, 2017, 10:13 am

Would be nice to see Bellefonte keep Jersey Shore for week one. It's been a good series the last four years.
"Passion trumps everything!"

BoStillKnows
Freshman
Freshman

Postby BoStillKnows » November 15th, 2017, 10:17 am

I would HATE to see the MAC go to an ALL Conference Schedule like the LHAC Conference. It would ruin rivalry games like BA-Tyrone and MU-Huntingdon. Those kind of games are what high school football is all about.

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » November 15th, 2017, 12:48 pm

BoStillKnows wrote:I would HATE to see the MAC go to an ALL Conference Schedule like the LHAC Conference. It would ruin rivalry games like BA-Tyrone and MU-Huntingdon. Those kind of games are what high school football is all about.

Agree 100%. Locals are thrilled to have Hollidaysburg back on the schedule and it's a good test for both teams. I see they actually moved that game to the season finale for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

OCoach
Freshman
Freshman

Postby OCoach » November 15th, 2017, 1:05 pm

The MAC can't go to an ALL Conference schedule like LHAC due to the number of teams currently in (9 with BC coming in) and the number of weeks in the HS regular season. Even if they expanded to 10 teams (speculation), that still leaves an open week.

With BC coming in, I think it could start the conversation of having a big school and small school division in the MAC if the conference were to expand to 10 with the Dubois possibility.

Return to “Football”