New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crushersports
Sophomore
Sophomore
Posts: 55
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 1:50 pm
Reputation: 7

Re: New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

Postby Crushersports » November 19th, 2017, 4:29 pm

TyBiggums17 wrote:
Crushersports wrote:
12HankQB wrote:No, but the public schools are getting their players within their district. The privates have no limits. There's no sides here. It's 

That's bull, look around...Homer Center is an example last year their QB was a United transfer. This year one of their best is a Blairsville transfer. I'm so sick of hearing public this private this. Public Schools don't have fences around them either. How many kids dido United get over the years who lived in the Laurel Valley district? Southern Columbia is a public power and they've had kids switch to their district. This is not an isolated private school issue it's everywhere. You're choosing what fits your narrative.

The inequality stems from the fact that if a kid transfers TO a public school, his parents have to move or he has to live with a guardian/relative in that school district. But if he transfers TO a private school, all he has to do is commute. One is a lot different than the other. IF BG has kids from all over the region, how do you consider that equal to the boundaried, possibly aging population that feeds a school like Williamsburg? 

I call BS, kids move in with other families, parents sign over educational guardianship to friends or family. Look at United, kids from Bolivar and Seward go across the river all the time and go there because parents don't want long bus trips to Ligonier.
People will keep houses and rent a property until their kids is out.of the school and they go.right back.to normal. This crap has been going on for years. Ferndale kids sneaking into Westmont and Johnstown. So please spare me the publics have to stay within their own district crap. Whiners and victims is what it is, I watched a great high school game last night between McCort and LV, two teams evenly matched, kids who work their asses off. There's no.crying about recruiting just hard nosed, smash mouth football.



  • Advertisement
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1642
Joined: March 23rd, 2005, 5:58 pm
Reputation: 200
Contact:

Re: New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

Postby knowitall » November 19th, 2017, 4:39 pm

Do you have actual evidence?  Or are you merely assuming it’s happening?

User avatar
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1916
Joined: August 29th, 2009, 4:32 pm
Reputation: 436
Location: Mile 129

Re: New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

Postby 12HankQB » November 19th, 2017, 5:17 pm

Crushersports wrote:
TyBiggums17 wrote:
Crushersports wrote:That's bull, look around...Homer Center is an example last year their QB was a United transfer. This year one of their best is a Blairsville transfer. I'm so sick of hearing public this private this. Public Schools don't have fences around them either. How many kids dido United get over the years who lived in the Laurel Valley district? Southern Columbia is a public power and they've had kids switch to their district. This is not an isolated private school issue it's everywhere. You're choosing what fits your narrative.

The inequality stems from the fact that if a kid transfers TO a public school, his parents have to move or he has to live with a guardian/relative in that school district. But if he transfers TO a private school, all he has to do is commute. One is a lot different than the other. IF BG has kids from all over the region, how do you consider that equal to the boundaried, possibly aging population that feeds a school like Williamsburg? 

I call BS, kids move in with other families, parents sign over educational guardianship to friends or family. Look at United, kids from Bolivar and Seward go across the river all the time and go there because parents don't want long bus trips to Ligonier.
People will keep houses and rent a property until their kids is out.of the school and they go.right back.to normal. This crap has been going on for years. Ferndale kids sneaking into Westmont and Johnstown. So please spare me the publics have to stay within their own district crap. Whiners and victims is what it is, I watched a great high school game last night between McCort and LV, two teams evenly matched, kids who work their asses off. There's no.crying about recruiting just hard nosed, smash mouth football.

Okay, where to start. First you need to take a step back and actually look at this from the outside. Even if kids transfer to public schools, it doesn't outweigh the fact that your entire school is from all over the area, Different districts and different counties. Anyone can go to BM, yes people have to pay tuition, but parents will do that. They run their kids all over for AAU and other stuff so dedicating even more money isn't that far fetched. I think realistically we don't believe recruiting is as large as others make it seem. People just aren't that good at keeping secrets. What we do have however are these beasts that have to be fed. The more successful or on the up n up these teams are, the more talent they bring in from the area. Parents want to send their kids to a great program. If BC can't come up with some wins, they're never going to return to their former glory. I think McCort has the most tradition and consistency. Right now, BG has the hot hand. There's lots of talent flowing into a great program. They may come from private schools to begin with, but I'm sure the winning has them continuing on at BG at an even higher rate. Yes, we get some inter mingling between neighboring public schools. I'm sure we can all agree that athletics now are way different then back in the day. Parents are dedicating everything for their kids in athletics. Sports are all year round. Basketball is the best example of this. Parents are running kids nonstop. So why not send your kid to a school with other talented kids? That's another point to the issue. How many below average kids are being sent to private school? I doubt that many. The quality of athletes usually tends to be higher than that of public schools. You don't have nearly as many of the kids just there to where a jersey. The entire point of the argument is that public schools are limited to what they have (plus or minus your couple transfers), but privates have no restrictions (other than tuition, transportation, etc). Parents are willing to sacrifice this for the kids. To sit there and say that there's no difference between a private and a public is just ignorant. Yes, you saw two pretty evenly matched teams last night. This doesn't change the fact that these two schools are not held to the same standard and the teams are not built through the same system. BM is already a AA team, but even if their enrollment drops they should stay there. I don't think any private school in our area should play in A for any sports. I'm tired of saying it, but they're in the LHAC. If their record is good enough to make playoffs with their schedule, then they should continue to play at that level, not drop down to A for playoffs. I don't see any issue with them playing up a level. 
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

stangin80
Sophomore
Sophomore
Posts: 97
Joined: August 11th, 2017, 6:42 pm
Reputation: 14

Re: New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

Postby stangin80 » November 19th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Well said..Totally agree!

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 577
Joined: August 25th, 2014, 12:12 am
Reputation: 73

Re: New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

Postby CCDevil2012 » November 19th, 2017, 6:07 pm

Crushersports wrote:
TyBiggums17 wrote:
Crushersports wrote:That's bull, look around...Homer Center is an example last year their QB was a United transfer. This year one of their best is a Blairsville transfer. I'm so sick of hearing public this private this. Public Schools don't have fences around them either. How many kids dido United get over the years who lived in the Laurel Valley district? Southern Columbia is a public power and they've had kids switch to their district. This is not an isolated private school issue it's everywhere. You're choosing what fits your narrative.

The inequality stems from the fact that if a kid transfers TO a public school, his parents have to move or he has to live with a guardian/relative in that school district. But if he transfers TO a private school, all he has to do is commute. One is a lot different than the other. IF BG has kids from all over the region, how do you consider that equal to the boundaried, possibly aging population that feeds a school like Williamsburg? 

I call BS, kids move in with other families, parents sign over educational guardianship to friends or family. Look at United, kids from Bolivar and Seward go across the river all the time and go there because parents don't want long bus trips to Ligonier.
People will keep houses and rent a property until their kids is out.of the school and they go.right back.to normal. This crap has been going on for years. Ferndale kids sneaking into Westmont and Johnstown. So please spare me the publics have to stay within their own district crap. Whiners and victims is what it is, I watched a great high school game last night between McCort and LV, two teams evenly matched, kids who work their asses off. There's no.crying about recruiting just hard nosed, smash mouth football.

You're talking a couple kids, not entire rosters. But you claim kids are crossing school district borders. Can you post a picture of McCort's school district border/boundary so we know what kids are "theirs"

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 577
Joined: August 25th, 2014, 12:12 am
Reputation: 73

Re: New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

Postby CCDevil2012 » November 19th, 2017, 6:11 pm

Why not just have different classification numbers? Public school class A is say enrollment of 1-100 and Private is 1-50 (for example) etc. May level things a bit.
At the end of the day there are several fixes that could be implemented by the PIAA that could level the playing field without separating playoffs, they just choose not to. I don't like separated playoffs because you miss out on moments like last night. A good public school beating a private school. With a separate playoff it would be debated for eons which team was better and privates will always get the benefit of the doubt. 

Awdhaemel
Junior
Junior
Posts: 114
Joined: December 11th, 2016, 10:29 pm
Reputation: 27

Re: New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

Postby Awdhaemel » November 19th, 2017, 6:52 pm

Hoping for a BG and Imani christian final, probably lead to a few of you to stroke out.

Fballrules17
Sophomore
Sophomore
Posts: 61
Joined: July 7th, 2017, 7:15 pm
Reputation: 21

Re: New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

Postby Fballrules17 » November 19th, 2017, 7:02 pm

Me too, those two are made for each other.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 577
Joined: August 25th, 2014, 12:12 am
Reputation: 73

Re: New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

Postby CCDevil2012 » November 19th, 2017, 7:07 pm

Awdhaemel wrote:Hoping for a BG  and Imani christian final, probably lead to a few of you to stroke out.

We get it, you're a catholic school homer and see no problem 

Fballrules17
Sophomore
Sophomore
Posts: 61
Joined: July 7th, 2017, 7:15 pm
Reputation: 21

Re: New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

Postby Fballrules17 » November 19th, 2017, 7:09 pm

BG would have a huge edge in roster size.. 57 to about 27.  They'll have a huge edge in the trenches  6'2 280 compared to about 5'11 220 but Imani has a coach that doubles as a 7 on 7 coach in the city and he brings in about 3 or 4 of the best athletes in the city league every year.  The WPIAL has ruled a couple in eligible but the PIAA has over ruled in every case.  


Imani just started 2 years ago and was able to land Kenny Robinson (now starting at WVU) for his senior year and made the quarterfinals.  I don't think they'll ever be able to stock pile the talent like BG does or have the depth BG does but athletically they could pose some problems.  They have to get past Jeannette and Farrell but certainly possible.  


Here's to hoping for an all private Single A showcase.


Return to “Football”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 1 guest