New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Awdhaemel
Junior
Junior

Re: New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

Postby Awdhaemel » November 19th, 2017, 7:39 pm

Very aware that certain private schools, take advantage of their ability to attract kids, such as St. Joe' s or imotep, just to name a couple, but not understanding why BG, is lumped in with teams like that,  yes they don't have boarders and reside in a 6A district, but someone here please name one skill position guy that transferred into BG, during his junior year, that was one of the main reasons they won the previous 3 championships, that's right there hasn't been one. 

• Advertisement
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » November 19th, 2017, 7:50 pm

Awdhaemel wrote:Very aware that certain private schools, take advantage of their ability to attract kids, such as St. Joe' s or imotep, just to name a couple, but not understanding why BG, is lumped in with teams like that,  yes they don't have boarders and reside in a 6A district, but someone here please name one skill position guy that transferred into BG, during his junior year, that was one of the main reasons they won the previous 3 championships, that's right there hasn't been one. 

But did the school not have the ability to have all of this talent meet in one place without restriction of any borders? Doesn't even matter if they were in the system the entire way. They're still able to all be in one school, when they're really a mix of the local area. Like I said before, I don't care how they get there. They could recruit for all I care, as long as they aren't considered the same as a public single A school.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » November 19th, 2017, 8:10 pm

Awdhaemel wrote:Very aware that certain private schools, take advantage of their ability to attract kids, such as St. Joe' s or imotep, just to name a couple, but not understanding why BG, is lumped in with teams like that,  yes they don't have boarders and reside in a 6A district, but someone here please name one skill position guy that transferred into BG, during his junior year, that was one of the main reasons they won the previous 3 championships, that's right there hasn't been one. 

But what is always said? "Skill guys can't do it without the guys blocking in front of them". Every team A - 6A in the state playoffs has at least one stud skill player. Most 1A teams though don't average 6'3" 290lbs up front with 2 going 300+. I don't know that BG wins any of their titles without McGeary and Ramsey, both kids who transferred in Sophomore or Junior year. I will give you the Leamer brothers were from BG

Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Aiks19 » November 19th, 2017, 8:25 pm

Here is my theory on BG's current success. Can they pull from different districts? Yes ! Although the tuition should even that out. Kids might be getting aid but not full blown scholarships . This aid is available toany student not just athletes. And no , they aren't actually recruiting kids away from other schools.
When I went 20 plus years ago, we didn't keep every athlete that went through the catholic school system . Either after 6 grade or 8th, kids would transfer to Keith, Roosevelt or Hollidaysburg. We definitely had good athletes but not all of them . In this same span, Altoona and Hollidaysburg were getting there tails kicked every week in WPIAL. So kids thought " why not stay". So now they have a great coaching staff, kids that work hard in the offseason and athletes to match. This run won't last forever.

Awdhaemel
Junior
Junior

Postby Awdhaemel » November 19th, 2017, 8:39 pm

McGreay came over freshman year, and didn't even want to play football anymore,  with support of coaches and that kid's work ethic, he did become a really good football player,  but wasn't very good when he got there. Ramsey still work in progress, big yes, but he doesn't  even play on defense.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » November 19th, 2017, 10:08 pm

What lineman is good as a freshman??? While I agree I have seen better linemen as far as technique, those 2 were no pushovers and in 1A them plus the Leamers would make any back look like Reggie Bush

Crushersports
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Crushersports » November 19th, 2017, 10:21 pm

There's not one kid on the McCort roster who lives more than probably 15 minutes from the school. It's an urban area so of course you have several schools close by. But again, let's call a spade a spade here. Not all public school athletes originate from their current district.

I guarantee you if any kid left mccort and went to a public school no one would say anything about it.

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » November 19th, 2017, 10:25 pm

So public and private are the same? Correct?
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby DCor50 » November 19th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Not true Crushersports. There are 9 different school districts with in PA represented on Bishop McCorts football roster. I believe Somerset is more than 15 minutes away.

guru1
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby guru1 » November 19th, 2017, 11:42 pm

All I can say is wow. So all the other private schools do it but just not BG.... is that really your answer?? Also enjoy how you worded it so nobody could give you a name...leaving out lineman (i think the count is up to 3 or 4 now) and cutting your skill player comment off before this year since its no longer true (Sankey)...  fact is this...it happens.. and it will continue to.... that's fine....but move to AAA where you belong.

Return to “Football”