Why isn't anyone talking about

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
lilIndian91
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Why isn't anyone talking about

Postby lilIndian91 » December 4th, 2017, 9:33 am

stangin80 wrote:
youngbuck wrote:The fact that Homer Center s leading tackler was a senior transfer?  I thought everyone was against playing your entire career at one school and then transferring somewhere else?  

:ymapplause: You just can’t help yourself.? And just think Portage gave the state finalist a run for their money with only one insignificant transfer this year.  GO WILDCATS! 

I believe Portage had red-zone or goal to go 6 times that game. Could be them at the final this week. Was it HC defense or was it Portage coaching?

• Advertisement
marley1
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby marley1 » December 4th, 2017, 9:43 am

"Please know that everything that I heard is second hand information."  Its been said that this boy told various players after the season last year that he was going to play football at Homer Center during his senior year, knowing that his current team would be very weak.  The school, apparently knew this but the principal refused to fight the transfer.  If this is true, I'm sure that the school could have received some written statements from the kids who knew what was going on. 

CMM52
Junior
Junior

Postby CMM52 » December 4th, 2017, 9:49 am

marley1 wrote:"Please know that everything that I heard is second hand information."  Its been said that this boy told various players after the season last year that he was going to play football at Homer Center during his senior year, knowing that his current team would be very weak.  The school, apparently knew this but the principal refused to fight the transfer.  If this is true, I'm sure that the school could have received some written statements from the kids who knew what was going on. 

If the principal signs off then there is no case and/or argument to be has 

DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby DCor50 » December 4th, 2017, 9:52 am

#32 is from Blairsville.  He has started since 9th grade.  He was a starting cornerback as a freshman on Blairsvilles 11-1 team in 2014.  He transferred in mid summer to HC.  It is a very interesting topic.

stangin80
Junior
Junior

Postby stangin80 » December 4th, 2017, 4:30 pm

lilIndian91 wrote:
stangin80 wrote:
youngbuck wrote:The fact that Homer Center s leading tackler was a senior transfer?  I thought everyone was against playing your entire career at one school and then transferring somewhere else?  

:ymapplause: You just can’t help yourself.? And just think Portage gave the state finalist a run for their money with only one insignificant transfer this year.  GO WILDCATS! 

I believe Portage had red-zone or goal to go 6 times that game. Could be them at the final this week. Was it HC defense or was it Portage coaching?

Yes..Portage had one opportunity..first and goal on the 12” line. Coaches never gave the ball to our 240lb running back..and didn’t punch it in..So yes, coaching was DEFINITELY a liability. But saying that..HC made some great plays to stop Portage on key downs.. HC deserved to win the game..especially from a coaching standpoint 

Steve92
Junior
Junior

Postby Steve92 » December 4th, 2017, 8:02 pm

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:
Jjones wrote:how Many kids transferred in to bg this year?

To play football? Or the school in general? :))

One student transferred from Altoona last year as a junior and played football as a senior at DE.  Another transferred from Huntingdon over the summer and played OL/DL.  Not much different than HC.
I couldn't tell you how many transferred in that didn't play football, but I know a few who transferred out. 

Return to “Football”