AA Final: Wilmington vs. Southern Columbia

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CMM52
Junior
Junior

Re: AA Final: Wilmington vs. Southern Columbia

Postby CMM52 » December 5th, 2017, 9:28 am

I don't deny S.C. being very good. Their program is second to none in the state. 16 appearances, 7 state titles. You can't argue they are good. All I'm saying is the level of competition they have throughout the year is not as great as is what is seen in the West. Does that mean they are not good, no. I do, however, see Wilmington competing more than what the rest of you do. That was a great Washington defense that Wilmington scored a lot of points on. They have a few D1 caliber guys on that defense as well...

• Advertisement
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Goldeneagles12 » December 5th, 2017, 1:00 pm

Dude the east has more state titles as a whole then the West. Tell SC Mount Carmel Berwick and CB West in the 90s how weak the east is.

CMM52
Junior
Junior

Postby CMM52 » December 5th, 2017, 1:09 pm

Before 6 classifications which I’ve said several times Amazing how selective people are just so they can argue. A. It’s my opinion and B. It’s a fact that there are far fewer 2A schools in the east now.

TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby TAHS92Alum » December 5th, 2017, 2:20 pm

I think you don't have your facts straight. There are 52 in the east bracket, 45 in the west. 
-BIRDS OF PREY-

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » December 5th, 2017, 2:22 pm

And the east is still winning 2a....so your arguement isn’t very good. And even before the move to 6 classes the east was winning more then the west. Thank god the wpial is in the West or it would be even more unbalanced

CMM52
Junior
Junior

Postby CMM52 » December 5th, 2017, 3:21 pm

Not sure what anyone is talking about here...  
1. We’ve only had 6 classifications for two years now and Steel Valley is the only champion.  That is a district 7 team.  
2.  If you look at a map of the districts and split the state in half, your western PA districts consist of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.  Those districts consist of 61 total 2A schools based on the new classifications.  The eastern districts consist of 33.  S.C. competes in district 4 which is made up of 10 teams.  District 7 alone has 30.  
3. Can’t look at the brackets bc district 7 is so large some of the western districts compete on the Eastern side of the bracket.  Reason why district 7 championship game is also stare qtr final.  
End of the day, my opinion is S.C. is really good, but plays weaker competition in the regular season and on the way to a district championship.  Due to the fact that almost double the number of 2A schools exist in the western PA, I feel comfortable saying the West is better.  
I never even said S.C. would lose, I just said I think Wilmington is better than what everyone thinks.  Maybe they get blown out.  I’ll get on here and eat crow, but I just think it will be closer.  Not sure why that’s so upsetting to anyone lol.  

Jjones
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Jjones » December 5th, 2017, 3:49 pm

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess SC for the next 3 yrs . This should be a great game though

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » December 5th, 2017, 4:11 pm

Wilmington is a great team. They've been my pick to come out of the west since August. So by no means do I think they can't win this but I'm picking SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » December 5th, 2017, 4:39 pm

I think if Mt Carmel or Seliensgrove plays in the West they would be some tough outs. That’s regular season play.

DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby DCor50 » December 5th, 2017, 5:17 pm

I'll take Southern Columbia going away.

SC 49
Wilmington 21

Return to “Football”