Awards time.

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Awards time.

Postby Wrasslerfan » December 22nd, 2017, 12:05 am

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:Enzo it’s time for you to get off your high horse. You act like the heritage is the best thing ever since sliced bread. There are a lot more schools in PA then just those in the heritage. I’m willing to bet the only reason the kid from HC got put on the list is his team did make it to the finals. It would be pretty bad looking if the runner ups didn’t have 1 all state player on the team. It was a bigger accomplishment back then to what it’s compared to now. You might have had a handful of kids from all of D6 getting all state now you have multiple kids in each conference getting them.

spot on sir

Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable

• Advertisement
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » December 22nd, 2017, 8:35 am

Arguably, QV had a slightly better one. 2-0.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

EnzoLigoniere
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Postby EnzoLigoniere » December 22nd, 2017, 9:22 am

Wrasslerfan wrote:
GoldenRamsFAN wrote:Enzo it’s time for you to get off your high horse. You act like the heritage is the best thing ever since sliced bread. There are a lot more schools in PA then just those in the heritage. I’m willing to bet the only reason the kid from HC got put on the list is his team did make it to the finals. It would be pretty bad looking if the runner ups didn’t have 1 all state player on the team. It was a bigger accomplishment back then to what it’s compared to now. You might have had a handful of kids from all of D6 getting all state now you have multiple kids in each conference getting them.

spot on sir

Wow look at the guys crying about the privates and recruiting, along comes Homer Center knocks them off, something that no one else could do, then proves it wasn't a fluke and beat Steelton Hispire.  Now one single player from the runner up team gets picked for the all state team from that little public school and it was not deserved, check his value to the team, not his stats.   I guess that Page should not have been coach if the year either.   Probably Berlin's kicker didn't deserve your recognition , even though he set the state record.  Or some linebacker from North Star who played his butt off every snap.   I say congratulations to everyone who made it, you guys can talk them down all you want but Santa Enzo says Merry Christmas.  In today's internet world there is more access to seeing players than when you studs we're playing so now with Maxpreps and Hudl, people actually know who Mark Conrad, Ian Border and Aaron Tutino are because they can see them and not just read the newspaper.  

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » December 22nd, 2017, 9:28 am

First of all I said HC would beat BG, second of all those players you mentioned all would have made the all state team 10 years ago.

EnzoLigoniere
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Postby EnzoLigoniere » December 22nd, 2017, 9:29 am

El-Moldo wrote:GoldenRamsFAN is right. There used to be 4 classes with 1st and 2nd teams. In those days, there were 8 quarterbacks (2 x 4) who made all-state. This year there were 30 (5 x 6).

Which ones didn't deserve their recognition?  Go back look at what stats were,   look at what kids do now,     if Long from FH just had the best single season in school history , how is he not deserving of making it when he was better than Endler who made it twice to your old school all state team?  Give me an argument other than the everyone gets a trophy tball line.   Show me some reason.  

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » December 22nd, 2017, 9:41 am

Everyone listed 3rd would’ve been HM....the players in the 4 and 5 spot not even recognized. Might as well make the list 10 players long in each position.

Jackson3
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Jackson3 » December 22nd, 2017, 9:50 am

Greetings,
Any awards out there for a Class A starting nose guard who also rushed for over 1000 yards in one season along with being one of the best blocking backs in D6?

El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby El-Moldo » December 22nd, 2017, 12:43 pm

Hey Enzo: It's not a matter of who should be excluded. Maybe schools should have 5 valedictorians instead of one. After all, schools have more than smart kid, right.
? And for the state wrestling tournament, maybe instead of giving out 8 places for each weight class, why not give out 12. Hey, if they made it to Hershey, let them ALL get a medal.

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » December 24th, 2017, 7:14 pm

Altoona Mirror all star teams were announced today.

Player of the Year
QB Logan Hauck, Chestnut Ridge

Coach of the Year
Garry Black, NBC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

FunFacts
Freshman
Freshman

Postby FunFacts » December 24th, 2017, 9:49 pm

Congrats to Garry Black. A well deserved award.

Return to “Football”