Aliquippa

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Aliquippa

Postby crfball » February 22nd, 2018, 6:51 pm

He didn’t do enough for the kids, only one won state title, next coach mom on board, a guy that drive school bus and got on the board in November led the charge cuz he felt his boy 20 years ago should’ve gotten better scholarships. Just a bunch of idiots

• Advertisement
Sykotyk
Senior
Senior

Postby Sykotyk » February 22nd, 2018, 11:30 pm

Just horrific idiocy. Honestly. This is why the school board should not be dictating coaching hires and firing. They have an AD. Don't like it, get a new AD and let them decide what to do. Sure, you can bring in a yes-man, but they'd have to actually be the shill to do it.

So many times the school board is used by those with motives (it's not really hard to run for a position since most that do have some ulterior motive) and then throw their weight around and get enough on their side to pull stunts like this. Hope the Quips fall flat on their face and dippy on the School Board becomes persona non grata in town when a few 3-6 or 4-5 seasons come their way.

IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby IHeartFootball2 » February 23rd, 2018, 10:31 am

The board member that has been outspoken sounds like a complete idiot. It is so obvious he has a grudge against the coach because his son “should have been” D1 but wasn’t because of the coach. Give me a break. Saying he didn’t win enough state championships, he didn’t do anything for the former football players hanging out on the corners & didn’t help kids get recruited. Ridiculous!

deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby deepcreek » February 23rd, 2018, 10:38 am

Not that I agree with the firing, but they should have more than 1 state title with the talent.  Relied on athletes to win in a vanilla offensive scheme.   I do give them credit for always playing above their A enrollment.

BoStillKnows
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby BoStillKnows » February 23rd, 2018, 11:22 am

deepcreek wrote:Not that I agree with the firing, but they should have more than 1 state title with the talent.  Relied on athletes to win in a vanilla offensive scheme.   I do give them credit for always playing above their A enrollment.

I have said this a lot as well. Taking away nothing from Coach Z, I'm sure he was a great mentor and teacher. But with the constant talent they have they run a basic Power-I Offense that is vanilla as they come. With the right offensive coordinator under Coach Z calling the plays they would be up there with Southern Columbia for the most state championships in my opinion. Aliquippa is one of the if not the HOTTEST HOT BED for football in PA, regardless of classification.

Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Goldeneagles12 » February 23rd, 2018, 8:29 pm

I get what you guys are saying. But since 2012 the team that has beaten Aliquippa has been the State Champ every year. Wyomissing 2012/ South Fayette 2013,2014/ Southern Columbia 2015/ Beaver Falls 2016 and Quaker Valley this past year. And with the offense Aliquippa qbs are not exactly gunslingers.

Sykotyk
Senior
Senior

Postby Sykotyk » February 23rd, 2018, 9:17 pm

deepcreek wrote:Not that I agree with the firing, but they should have more than 1 state title with the talent.  Relied on athletes to win in a vanilla offensive scheme.   I do give them credit for always playing above their A enrollment.

But, the Quips also play up every year. Had they been 1A, Clairton wouldn't have had their unimpeded run and probably would have won quite a few more titles at 1A back in the 4 class setup. They challenged themselves by going to 2A and now 3A. That's what makes that one title that much more impressive.

If the school board didn't like that, it's a problem that could have been fixed years and years ago.

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » February 24th, 2018, 10:06 am

Sykotyk wrote:

But, the Quips also play up every year. Had they been 1A, Clairton wouldn't have had their unimpeded run and probably would have won quite a few more titles at 1A back in the 4 class setup. They challenged themselves by going to 2A and now 3A. That's what makes that one title that much more impressive.

If the school board didn't like that, it's a problem that could have been fixed years and years ago.

Hard to say Clairton wouldn’t have had their run, most of those teams were just as talented as the quips if not more.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » February 24th, 2018, 1:29 pm

Yeah the Tyler Boyd Clairton teams were pretty incredible.  He was about as good of a Class A player as I’ve ever seen. I’m not sure Aliquippa beats them those years, the games would have been fun to watch though. 

IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby IHeartFootball2 » February 24th, 2018, 1:35 pm

Didn’t they play each other back then in the regular season? I thought they did. I’ll have to look back & find out.

Return to “Football”