Saltsburg forfeit

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
X3pointer
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Saltsburg forfeit

Postby X3pointer » October 13th, 2018, 9:01 pm

We are talking about a team that could only dress 15 players ! How often does that happen ?

• Advertisement
hornets69
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby hornets69 » October 13th, 2018, 9:54 pm

i believe a few years ago ferndale took a week or two off to get players healthy so they could finish off the season.
i wonder if more was made of this forfeit than there should have been since beitel and heritage conferenxe president are both buddies/penns manor alums.

Fballrules17
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Fballrules17 » October 13th, 2018, 10:04 pm

knowitall wrote:I really think Shade should forfeit the Appalachian Bowl, enjoy the week off, let some bumps and bruises heal and start preparing for the single A playoffs.

You are probably right.  Would you believe Shade has a smaller enrollment than Saltsburg?  That means that according the PIAA Ligonier has approximately 175 more boys walking through their halls in grades 9-12 than what Shade does.  Talk about a Hoosiers type situation.  Do you think you can find more 270 pounders and 4.7 40 yard dash kids in a group of 90 boys or a group of 262 boys?

I just hope Shade's QB gets through it.  I also hope NC's running back is OK,  that's a shame, they are a true contender for the D6 Single A championship. 

Shade does have 28 kids on their roster so they do have some kids to put in when things get out of hand.  Saltsburg wouldn't have had that luxury.

Jimjohn81
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Jimjohn81 » October 13th, 2018, 10:22 pm

Knowitall, are you serious? How would you break that to the team that people are arguing is the best shade team ever? I bet those boys want to play. I'm guessing they have some confidence. I think they can have success against liggy. Roll fyfe, get the ball out quick. The athletes match up well. Up front is the problem. Still they can earn respect. Heck maybe its not liggys night and they win! I wouldnt bet on it but I surely wouldn't run away. Hopefully Fyfe isn't thinking the same way you are ma'am.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » October 13th, 2018, 10:36 pm

I just see it as an unnecessary, meaningless game for both teams. Start the playoffs.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » October 13th, 2018, 10:37 pm

Ligonier 45 Shade 20

sasquatch260
Junior
Junior

Postby sasquatch260 » October 13th, 2018, 10:44 pm

Jimjohn81 wrote:Knowitall, are you serious? How would you break that to the team that people are arguing is the best shade team ever? I bet those boys want to play. I'm guessing they have some confidence. I think they can have success against liggy. Roll fyfe, get the ball out quick. The athletes match up well. Up front is the problem. Still they can earn respect. Heck maybe its not liggys night and they win! I wouldnt bet on it but I surely wouldn't run away. Hopefully Fyfe isn't thinking the same way you are ma'am.

Right on! Shade's got some gamers. I don't see them pulling a pansy-minded 'fear'-feit. They'll score some TDs. Looking forward to it. It'll be a fun game.

ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby ChrisKentRam » October 13th, 2018, 10:52 pm

sasquatch260 wrote:
Jimjohn81 wrote:Knowitall, are you serious? How would you break that to the team that people are arguing is the best shade team ever? I bet those boys want to play. I'm guessing they have some confidence. I think they can have success against liggy. Roll fyfe, get the ball out quick. The athletes match up well. Up front is the problem. Still they can earn respect. Heck maybe its not liggys night and they win! I wouldnt bet on it but I surely wouldn't run away. Hopefully Fyfe isn't thinking the same way you are ma'am.

Right on! Shade's got some gamers. I don't see them pulling a pansy-minded 'fear'-feit. They'll score some TDs. Looking forward to it. It'll be a fun game.

Hate to sound like Enzo, but this game isn’t going to be close. Ligonier is just far superior up front on both sides of the ball. 

Fballrules17
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Fballrules17 » October 13th, 2018, 10:56 pm

sasquatch260 wrote:

So they are playing this game to score a couple of TD's?  This may be the best team the school has ever had and they've been reduced to seeing if they can put a couple in the end zone against a school nearly 3x their size?  Makes sense.  Well have another parade and maybe the Ligonier community can make up from the financial devastation caused by the Saltsburg forfeit.  I've heard it was worse than a hurricane. 

sasquatch260
Junior
Junior

Postby sasquatch260 » October 13th, 2018, 10:57 pm

ChrisKentRam wrote:
sasquatch260 wrote:

Hate to sound like Enzo, but this game isn’t going to be close. Ligonier is just far superior up front on both sides of the ball. 

I don't think it'll be close either. But they will pass on LV and score TDs. My point was that they don't have the sissy mindset of a forfeiter.

Return to “Football”