Saltsburg forfeit

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
MrAnonymous
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Saltsburg forfeit

Postby MrAnonymous » September 11th, 2018, 1:28 pm

knowitall wrote:So what are you doing Friday night?

And no, that's not why they play all those extra games and it's not why they are a top team in the state.  You know nothing about nothing.

Not sure, probably the same thing I would be doing if the game was being played. If you’re asking me on a date or to explain football to you it’ll have to be another time. 
Oh it’s not. I would love to hear from some coaches and former players on this one because I can guarantee you that plays a huge role in the success of this year’s team. Did you see what they did when their star player went down in the first quarter last week? That’s a direct result of young guys getting a chance to play in previous seasons. Are you purposely trying to come off as ignorant or is your screen name an oxymoron. 

• Advertisement
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » September 11th, 2018, 1:32 pm

Ha ha ha.

Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Blueandwhitefan » September 11th, 2018, 4:17 pm

A few years ago St. Joe's forfeited a game with PM. They notified the school before the start of the season. D6 stepped in. St. Joe's then said it was due to low numbers after injuries. Correct me if I'm wrong, but. Wasn't St. Joe's put on probation for that incident????
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » September 11th, 2018, 4:27 pm

Colonel Mustard wrote:If LVs coach wasn't such an a-hole, I'm sure that Saltsburg would have been more considerate and let them know sooner. But if you run fake punts when you are up 40, well then this is what you get.

This point should not be glossed over either.
17 kids is not enough to safely play a football game. This is why most states have started doimg 7 man football for smaller schools because only have 6 bench players is ridiculous.
Most basketball teams have more subs available for varsity than saltsburg has for football. I applaud Saltsburg for making the smart, tough decision. 
LV could run a split spring style scrimmage and there would be more players to be subbed in on both sides than saltsburg

EnzoLigoniere
Senior
Senior

Postby EnzoLigoniere » September 11th, 2018, 7:51 pm

Colonel Mustard wrote:If LVs coach wasn't such an a-hole, I'm sure that Saltsburg would have been more considerate and let them know sooner. But if you run fake punts when you are up 40, well then this is what you get.

Great comment.  You are a very knowledgeable football poster.   It is a football game where is the rule that says out can't fake punt or inside kick when you are up.  I will send you some tissues.

EnzoLigoniere
Senior
Senior

Postby EnzoLigoniere » September 11th, 2018, 7:55 pm

MrAnonymous wrote:
knowitall wrote:So what are you doing Friday night?

And no, that's not why they play all those extra games and it's not why they are a top team in the state.  You know nothing about nothing.

Not sure, probably the same thing I would be doing if the game was being played. If you’re asking me on a date or to explain football to you it’ll have to be another time. 
Oh it’s not. I would love to hear from some coaches and former players on this one because I can guarantee you that plays a huge role in the success of this year’s team. Did you see what they did when their star player went down in the first quarter last week? That’s a direct result of young guys getting a chance to play in previous seasons. Are you purposely trying to come off as ignorant or is your screen name an oxymoron. 

Dude don't let know nothing get you work up, this dude is just trying to get under your skin, he sat the bench And know wants everyone to think he is the real deal..
Trust me Rodger could not care less about Saltsburg , game or no game , Friday night my boys will be out scouting and getting ready for next week.  It is my understanding that LV has reached out to other teams for a game and were unsuccessful getting a game, oh well. 

Jimjohn81
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Jimjohn81 » September 11th, 2018, 8:21 pm

Mr. Anonymous, colleges don't care about your sons stats. If your son didn't run fast at a reputable combine or camp forget about it.  Make a nice scrap book and fill out some applications for Waynesburg and Juniata. Which are excellent schools and nothing to be ashamed of.

LoneRanger
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby LoneRanger » September 11th, 2018, 8:55 pm

So what was the reason given as to why Saltsburg forfeited the game? Was it because they only had 16 players or was it because they didn't want to play LV cause they would get smacked? If it is because of numbers, then they shouldn't be playing next week, or the rest of the season unless some kids move into the district in the near future. If it is because they don't want to take their whooping then I can't agree with that.
People have made some very good points from the PIAA making a mandatory minimum number of players to field a team, to Saltsburg combining teams with Blairsville. All make sense and all are excellent points. I have heard that this was in the works since they played last year. I would also like to know when was LV notified if this? A few days ago, or at the start of season?

Colonel Mustard
Senior
Senior

Postby Colonel Mustard » September 11th, 2018, 9:28 pm

EnzoLigoniere wrote:

Great comment.  You are a very knowledgeable football poster.   It is a football game where is the rule that says out can't fake punt or inside kick when you are up.  I will send you some tissues.

Sportsmanship and respect go both ways. If you show it, you will get it back in return. If you don't, you'll get left holding your junk on Friday might. 

MrAnonymous
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MrAnonymous » September 11th, 2018, 9:35 pm

Jimjohn81 wrote:Mr. Anonymous, colleges don't care about your sons stats. If your son didn't run fast at a reputable combine or camp forget about it.  Make a nice scrap book and fill out some applications for Waynesburg and Juniata. Which are excellent schools and nothing to be ashamed of.

Hahaha good one. I can assure you that I don’t have a son. Also, I have no idea what you are talking about or how it is relevant to Saltsburg forfeiting their game this week. Please explain.  :-?  Also, I prefer W&J. Much better school and football program. 

Return to “Football”