Pitt?Penn State

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pitt?Penn State

Postby 12HankQB » September 11th, 2018, 8:34 am

Manfred wrote:I think it humorous when someone starts a topic by saying "I'm going to end the argument", Haha.  Good luck with that.

Lol, how else can you cause mass chaos in the forum world?
FYI, after attending the game Saturday night as a Pitt guest. Joey Porter Jr. commits to Penn State (4 Star and Joey Porter's son obviously). Onward State!

If only closed minds came with closed mouths

• Advertisement
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » September 11th, 2018, 11:21 am

So PSU leaves with a 51-6 win and the top recruit in the state who just happened to be on the Pitt sideline for the game. That’s funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby abpk2903 » September 11th, 2018, 11:59 am

Is recruiting everything? no.  But Pitt's best high school recruit for the 2019 cycle has a composite rating of .8743 and is ranked 550th nationally.  They have 18 commits with an average rating of .8499 which puts them 41st nationally and 9th in the ACC.  Penn State has 16 commits and they only have 1 commit that is ranked lower than Pitt's best commit who is Keaton Ellis out of State College High School.  Their average recruit rating is .9127, ranking 14th nationally, and 2nd in the B1G with 2 less committed players than Pitt.  I don't care how good of coaching you have, or how players fit your system, or how much more playing experience a kid gets at Pitt over Penn State, at the end of the day that is a gap that just puts these programs at entirely different levels and trajectories.

I have been skeptical of the Narduzzi hire since midway through year 1.  He was getting shredded by VT's passing attack and refused to adjust his defense to more appropriately fit the players he had at the time.  If Pitt fans want a ceiling of 7-5 and a team that always "plays hard", then maybe this is your guy.  But this guy is never going to get you a splash recruit, his offense will never overly excite you, and the defense will always try to play his style whether he has the players to do it or not.   

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » September 11th, 2018, 12:09 pm

If Pitt's recruiting class was ranked 41st that puts them ahead of about 80 other division one schools. That's not too bad actually.

abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby abpk2903 » September 11th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Yes, but that is sort of deceiving because they have already 18 recruits committed.  Most teams around them in the rankings have 12-16 commits.  As those schools fill out their class they will probably jump Pitt. If you go by average rating per recruit, they fall closer to 60th in the nation. 
They also shouldn’t measure themselves against the other 120 FBS schools. They should measure themselves against the 64 schools in P5 conferences.

Return to “Football”