A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
MrAnonymous
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Records about to be set?

Postby MrAnonymous » October 4th, 2018, 1:07 pm

DragonsDoExist wrote:
MrAnonymous wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:Fleming should he stay healthy should have the yardage and TD records next year. He’s over 3,000 yards and 41 TDs midway through his JR season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he’s at 2770 with 37 receiving TDs.

His 2018 totals on Maxpreps are not updated to include the last 3 games. It shows 352/4 he’s actually at 687/8 which puts him at 3105 and 41 for his career.

Gotcha. I didn’t realize it was only showing a few games. Thanks!

• Advertisement
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » October 4th, 2018, 1:11 pm

MrAnonymous wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:
MrAnonymous wrote:I think he’s at 2770 with 37 receiving TDs.

His 2018 totals on Maxpreps are not updated to include the last 3 games. It shows 352/4 he’s actually at 687/8 which puts him at 3105 and 41 for his career.

Gotcha. I didn’t realize it was only showing a few games. Thanks!

Nonetheless it would be pretty awesome for Tutino to get the record even if only for a year.

You play to win the game!!!

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » October 4th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Manfred wrote:Is Fryberg (?) a Sr. for SC?

Tommy Friberg, yes he’s a senior.

Jimjohn81
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Jimjohn81 » October 4th, 2018, 1:37 pm

Well I agree that Tutino/Daugherty is a argument. Tutino/Julian Fleming? Come on Mr. Tutino. Your son is a great player but you are now being unrealistic. Great ball skills, plays tough, elusive but like you said short. The only way to compensate for that in major college eyes is elite speed. If a hand held 4.5 from pitt is all he has then thats not good. Need a nike combine or a 10.7 at the state meet. He is as good a local player as we have. He made a catch against mccort 2 years ago that was one of the best high school catches ive seen in 30 years.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » October 4th, 2018, 1:52 pm

Rondale Moore is one of the best freshmen WR's in the country for Purdue. He's 5-9 175. So if you are good, people find you. Size isn't that big of a deal as some think it is.

If he did do really well at Pitt's camp, Pitt isn't against small-ish receivers. I think they are targeting a 5-11 kid right now. They started Quadree Henderson for two years, and their two leading receivers this year are under 6-foot. So if he was as good as Julian Fleming, they'd probably offer him. Size wouldn't matter to them.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » October 4th, 2018, 2:16 pm

But as far as local receivers go, Tutino is one of the better ones that come to mind in recent memory. A few others stick out, but he's been consistent for three years. Not many other guys can say that.

MrAnonymous
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby MrAnonymous » October 4th, 2018, 2:26 pm

Jimjohn81 wrote:Well I agree that Tutino/Daugherty is a argument. Tutino/Julian Fleming? Come on Mr. Tutino. Your son is a great player but you are now being unrealistic. Great ball skills, plays tough, elusive but like you said short. The only way to compensate for that in major college eyes is elite speed. If a hand held 4.5 from pitt is all he has then thats not good. Need a nike combine or a 10.7 at the state meet. He is as good a local player as we have. He made a catch against mccort 2 years ago that was one of the best high school catches ive seen in 30 years.

First off, I’m not Aaron Tutino’s father lol. I’m nowhere near old enough to have a son who is a senior in high school. I’m 30 years old buddy. That being said, I completely respect your opinion and your point about elite speed being the way to compensate for size is spot on. Also, I admitted that I only saw Fleming play three time, not a large sample size, but in those three games he did nothing special. He definitely didn’t look like the top receiver in the country that’s for sure. Garcia was by far the stand out player in each of those games and they had a DB who was awesome whose name is slipping my mind. Hopefully we’ll get to see them go head to head again. That SC team this year is ridiculously talented. 

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » October 4th, 2018, 7:13 pm

Clearfield's Isaac Rumery needs 177 passing yards to break Chad Kroell's school record of 6,088 yards.

CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CoffinCorner » October 5th, 2018, 10:23 am

According to westernpafootball. There are 26 wr/db in Western PA in the 2018 class with division 1 offers. Aaron tutino has zero. Dominate in the Heritage, yes. Division 1 prospect, ? So far his only recruiting visits have been to Psac schools.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » October 5th, 2018, 10:33 am

I once sat by a guy at a Steeler game who told me about his brother, who was a star tight end in college and how he was probably going to turn pro.  His brother played at Thiel.

Return to “Football”