I have a bone to pick with Roger Beitel!

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
wallpaper
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: I have a bone to pick with Roger Beitel!

Postby wallpaper » October 9th, 2018, 7:50 pm

Hey Tubby :))

• Advertisement
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby tubmill » October 9th, 2018, 9:29 pm

That’s his logic Birda.

tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby tubmill » October 9th, 2018, 9:30 pm

PEACE wallpaper

TallDom85
Freshman
Freshman

Postby TallDom85 » October 11th, 2018, 12:01 pm

Beitel is probably a bit more outspoken than a coach in such a small, mediocre conference should be but the constant criticism on this board is insane.

He pulls starters when games get out of hand, usually early in the third quarter. His players play the right way and are respectful, responsible kids. And he tries to get most players game action, even if that isn't enough for fans/former school board members apparently keeping active roster game logs in the stands.

LV has the luxury of being a large AA school, but the numbers wouldn't be what they are if the program wasn't successful and the coach was the villain so many keyboard warriors make him out to be. Some Heritage Conference football programs would better served finding ways to improve themselves rather than incessantly whine about how big bad LV has all the advantages, despite neither being a historically great program nor having the facilities of a, say, Penns Manor or West Shamokin.

The woe is me attitude from some programs is pathetic. I mean, read this garbage from last night:

F. Dan McGregor, of the Saltsburg group Save Our Schools and a former school board member, commended officials for the “courage and integrity of the decision not to play” the Ligonier Valley game, and noted that Ligonier Valley is the largest Class 2A school in Pennsylvania.

“Is there a consideration to move Ligonier Valley out (of the Heritage Conference)?” he asked. “It seems like we’re punishing the wrong people.”

He said that if Ligonier Valley is truly competitive, maybe they want a bigger challenge.

Harper said he already heard “through the grapevine” that parents will pull kids out of the Ligonier Valley game next year.

Richards said if put in the same position next year, he would make the same decision.

https://www.indianagazette.com/news/loc ... a1f01.html

According to this McGregor clown, LV is somehow in the wrong for doing everything right. Shouldn't some of the blame be directed at Saltsburg for letting the program get to this point? Or the Saltsburg community for their unwillingness to merge with Blairsville when many of the district's other sports programs have a combined team? And if injuries are such a huge concern, why did Saltsburg play Marion Center and why are they planning to play West Shamokin? It makes no sense.

In the end, high school sports should be about competition, learning life lessons and having fun. I'm not sure how the defeatist attitudes and crybaby ways of Saltsburg and some other conference schools help anyone.

Return to “Football”