Virginia - 13
Final

• Advertisement
Fballrules17
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Playoff scores.....Nov. 2

Postby Fballrules17 » November 2nd, 2018, 10:58 pm

Depth?  How bad is Central Cambria, Johnstown, Somerset, Cambria Heights, and Penn Cambria.  There's almost half the conference right there that is either 4A, 3A, or in Ch's case 2A that either lost to McCort or nearly lost to McCort.  From what I heard on the radio, after halftime Homer was never in danger of losing to McCort.  I'll give you the LHAC is strong at the top (4 or 5) but to say that there is depth is a little bit of stretch, this year anyway.  The bottom 6 are just plain awful, especially in their respective classifications.

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » November 2nd, 2018, 10:58 pm

Seeing Pitt score in thread titled Playoff scores just blew my mind. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » November 2nd, 2018, 11:11 pm

Fballrules17 wrote:Depth?  How bad is Central Cambria, Johnstown, Somerset, Cambria Heights, and Penn Cambria.  There's almost half the conference right there that is either 4A, 3A, or in Ch's case 2A that either lost to McCort or nearly lost to McCort.  From what I heard on the radio, after halftime Homer was never in danger of losing to McCort.  I'll give you the LHAC is strong at the top (4 or 5) but to say that there is depth is a little bit of stretch, this year anyway.  The bottom 6 are just plain awful, especially in their respective classifications.

Ummm, because Johnstown is typically not 0-10 and Penn Cambria, Heights, and Somerset all lost to Richland, Westmont, Forest Hills, BG, and Chestnut Ridge who are all legitimate contenders for their respective district championship. When half your losses are by district contenders the "bad" teams who are 4-6 like you mentioned would likely have better records in the Heritage or WestPac or even the MAC. You'll admit that the top 5 are strong, which is almost half the conference, but then call the teams who only lost to the strong "bad"? Who would you rather play in playoffs if you're a coach? A 4-6 Heights team or 5-5 Marion Center 

Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Aiks19 » November 2nd, 2018, 11:26 pm

No sense arguing. We will find out soon. Forest Hills in the hunt for 3-A. Richland And Ligonier in the hunt for 2-A. BG, Homer Center And Northern Cambria in the hunt for single.

Return to “Football”