Tribune Democrat

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Tribune Democrat

Postby Manfred » January 2nd, 2019, 12:18 pm

wagonrider242 wrote:Hey hey let's identify the elephant in the room. I don't think Hauser had a dad who was chairman of the LHAC...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thats just as lame a comment.  EVERYONE has known for 2 years or more he was going to college as a baseball recruit, not for football, so what does it matter if he is or is not the chosen top Qb for a small local newspaper?  

The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

• Advertisement
wagonrider242
Freshman
Freshman

Re: RE: Re: Tribune Democrat

Postby wagonrider242 » January 2nd, 2019, 12:23 pm

abpk2903 wrote:With all due respect, so what? That’s their JOB. They are sports writers. That would like a nurse saying it was lame that after helping deliver a baby, they have to check it’s vitals too.  

In my industry, I am not an expert in every field. But I have 8-10 trusted colleagues that I use regularly for information and vise verses. Should a WPIAL reporter know a lot about a defensive end from Strath Haven outside of Philadelphia? No. But they easily could have a trusted colleague in the area where they would pick up the phone and say “hey, name me 5 guys from your coverage area that I should do some research on for my all-State team ballot. Here are 5 guys that we’re exceptional from our area.”  That just cut the research time down by several hours. 
If a newspaper/website/organization etc. is going to publish an All-State team then put in some friggin’ effort. 
That would cause this area to open their eyes and not just live inside the bubble... Some people might see what's actually out there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Tribune Democrat

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 2nd, 2019, 12:26 pm

abpk2903 wrote:With all due respect, so what? That’s their JOB. They are sports writers. That would like a nurse saying it was lame that after helping deliver a baby, they have to check it’s vitals too.  

In my industry, I am not an expert in every field. But I have 8-10 trusted colleagues that I use regularly for information and vise verses. Should a WPIAL reporter know a lot about a defensive end from Strath Haven outside of Philadelphia? No. But they easily could have a trusted colleague in the area where they would pick up the phone and say “hey, name me 5 guys from your coverage area that I should do some research on for my all-State team ballot. Here are 5 guys that we’re exceptional from our area.”  That just cut the research time down by several hours. 
If a newspaper/website/organization etc. is going to publish an All-State team then put in some friggin’ effort. 

I mean that's basically how it works now. 

Return to “Football”