The Hot Seat

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: The Hot Seat

Postby youngbuck » October 9th, 2019, 12:43 pm

What is going to happen at BC next year, does Woo keep the HC title?

• Advertisement
OutOfTheLoop
Freshman
Freshman

Postby OutOfTheLoop » October 9th, 2019, 1:42 pm

youngbuck wrote:What is going to happen at BC next year, does Woo keep the HC title?

Wait...I thought Billings was HC?

Colonel Mustard
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Colonel Mustard » October 9th, 2019, 1:46 pm

Does anyone else even want to be the head coach of some these struggling teams? I'd be careful firing any coach at this point.

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » October 9th, 2019, 2:17 pm

I mean being the HC of a high school football team shouldnt be about Ws or Ls. Should be about helping young adolecents grow as indviduals and pushing them to succeed in all aspects of life.

Ill take the coach with a 100% graduation rate for his players that goes 0-10 every year. Those are the things that truly matter

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » October 9th, 2019, 2:50 pm

kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby kmr » October 9th, 2019, 2:59 pm

Central Cambria in the last 10 years has had 2 seasons with a 500 record and 1 playoff appearance.   They have had 3 different coaches during those 10 yrs.  Shutty who had limited experience was hired and given 2 years before he was let go, now a successful head coach at NC.  Next Corrente brought a great deal of experience from Portage and assistant back in the day at CC.  CC had a successful first year but down hill after that.  Corrente was let go at the end of school year around May or June of 2017, CC was scrambling last minute before summer workouts started to find another head coach.  The position was opened up and at the time there wasn't to much interest, and McGregor was hired.  My point is, up until this year the administration/board has had no one involved with a football background but they are doing all the hiring and decision making.  The coaching situation over the last 10 years combined with the condition of the stadium it seems like football isn't very important at CC. You have some great classes coming up, so I hope whatever happens they think about the kids first and not what's best for their friends/teachers or worrying about financials.  

OutOfTheLoop
Freshman
Freshman

Postby OutOfTheLoop » October 9th, 2019, 3:17 pm

Not to get too off topic, but CC is in the planning process of upgrading their athletics facilities.

wagonrider242
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby wagonrider242 » October 9th, 2019, 3:42 pm

konjo78 wrote:I mean being the HC of a high school football team shouldnt be about Ws or Ls. Should be about helping young adolecents grow as indviduals and pushing them to succeed in all aspects of life.

Ill take the coach with a 100% graduation rate for his players that goes 0-10 every year. Those are the things that truly matter

So by that statement is it the HC job to help the kids that have the ability get to the next level and also help them to get an education along the way? Because to my knowledge some of the HC have said that they are there to coach and it is the players job to communicate with schools and the HC will give no availability to inquiries from the next level.

kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby kmr » October 9th, 2019, 3:52 pm

OutOfTheLoop wrote:Not to get too off topic, but CC is in the planning process of upgrading their athletics facilities.

I heard, all fields turfed, new track and bunch of other additions.   Sounds good let's see if it comes true.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » October 9th, 2019, 6:24 pm

youngbuck wrote:Has McGregor actually done anything at CC?  Other than jacking up Bennetts stat line last year?  Two wins this year against the worst teams.  They are not getting better as a program.  Maybe because he is the home town boy they keep him around but not sure the CC program is going in any direction.

Well Bennett is a Sophomore in college, so not sure he had much say in the play calling there. And they couldn’t run the ball 2 years ago so why not have a passing offense? Now they are not a passing team and mostly run the ball, you gotta play to your strengths. CC’s sophomore class is pretty solid and 75% of the starters on this year’s team are sophomores. You sound like you haven’t been to any games, competitively speaking, they are much improved from last 2 years for how young they are. 

Return to “Football”