Ridge Records

PIAA- Track and Field
Ridgestar
Freshman
Freshman

Ridge Records

Post by Ridgestar »

So what does everyone think of all of the records that are being shattered by the Chestnut Ridge Track team this year...Is this the best group of athletes to every come through the Ridge program?? Give me your thoughts
sparky
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Ridge Records

Post by sparky »

Ridge has a solid group of athletes and some oustanding athletes. And i dont think they have ever possessed both of these before in the same season, so i would have to agree with you there.
Live Life to the fullest
Sportsfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sportsfan »

Yes, there are several records falling on both the boys and girls sides and this is an amazing team on both sides this year. But it is hard to compare them to years past. Many of the other records are from i believe 97 and 98 or around there. I know the team in the late 90s had quite a few amazing athletes and brought home some state medals. It would be interesting to see how these two teams stack up.
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

I have been sitting in the wings on this one, but I have to say if they win districts and possible a medal or two at states that this boys team probably would have the best argument. Considering that they won WCC meet.It is a shame that there isn't a county meet to throw into the mix but I guess it is what it is.Although I'm 99% sure that the seniors 53 -2 run is the best dual meet record ever for any class of boys.I also think 3 undefeated dual meet seasons is a best too.Any way I've seen quite a few seasons and teams and this team along with a couple from the 90's maybe the best ever at CRHS.
Ridgestar
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ridgestar »

That is an amazing dual meet record, and one that won't be close to being touched for a long long time...as far as placing at states on the boys side, i think that bobby, 110HH; powell, PV; bryce, triple jump; stultzy, discus; and soliday, 300IH, if he steps it up can place at states. Now on the girls side, sam, 100 and 200 should place, and koontz and possible some relays could place. If those kids step it up at states, then to me, its a coin flip between this team and the onces of the mid to late 90's as to the best ridge team ever
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

Let me conclude my opinion on this thread by saying this boys team will definitely be considered if not the best at least tied for that spot as the top of all time at ridge!Their team accomplishments included an undeafeated dual season (12-0).WCC,NBCAA,Sideling Hill invite wins and a District 5 title(by a convincing margin)!Throw in a 53-2 record(3 year undefeated streak) by the senior class and you could say wow what a year! The only real blemish if you really could consider it one would be no state medals,but anyone who was at the meet knows how close a few of the boys were to achieving this.I would also say that the state meet is alot stiffer of a test nowadays with philly in the mix too!The girls team also had a great run but I think just a hair short of the 93 team and the 01 team.What would serve in my mind as the 2 best ever.I dont want to take anything away from this years girls though.Great job ladies!!! Congrats to the kids and coaches on a job well done. The bar has been set and I'm hoping to see more of the same in years to come!
Sportsfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sportsfan »

This may very well be the best Track team that Ridge has ever had. You are right oldguy, Ridge did have quite a few people come very close to getting a medal at the state meet. Even though they came home with none, you could look at it as a testimony to how good the team is a whole. The fact that they were not driven by just a couple superstars but were truly a great team. If you look at it that way, then, Yes, this is the best track team that Chestnut Ridge has ever had.
Ridgestar
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ridgestar »

Did you miss the fact that Sam just came home from Shippensburg with a 5th in the 100 and 8th in the 200...so i would consider those state medals
young gun 22
Junior
Junior

Post by young gun 22 »

umm, yea, im prety sure they were all talkin about the guys team. The girls team may have very well have been one of the best teams ever. I dont however believe they woudl compare to when tracie clair and katie koenig were around. Those track teams were definately very good. I was a witness to how good those teams were. Tracie and Katie were i believe the only people to ever place in the same event in the same year from ridge. This years track teams were amazing. Everyone i watched this year put everything they had into every event they were in. It was a pleasure to watch them. I would like to congratulate sam on her medals. 5th and 8th are an amazing accomplishment and i think she can take her speed to the collegiate level as well.
jumper22
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by jumper22 »

there are two ways to look at the accomplishments of last years team when determining if they were the best ever. first they were definately the most accomplished team every with the best ever runs in winning dual and big meets. If they are the best actual team ever is a close one with the 97 team. Half of the records are still held by this 97 team, and when lining them up head to head i came out with a close 78-72 type victory for the 97 team. of course this could change meet to meet and they are definately a close interesting matchup.... just glad to be an athlete on one of them and coaching on the other... congrats to this team on all they accomplished.