lots of local (d5) medalists...

Post by Coach »

Donaldson- 2nd and 3rd
Crawford- 2nd
Valiton- 5th and 8th
Harris- 3rd
Wilt- 5th
Snyder- 4th
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: lots of local (d5) medalists...

Post by southpaw »

congrats to all county and area medalists especially my sprinter Sam Valiton who is the fastest "white" girl in the state! LOL

few thoughts on the state meet...

neat to see to area kids go 1-2 in the 800. Hatch from BA ran a hell of a race and Donaldson finished second.

Most impressive performance I have ever witnessed at ship was Chanell Price from Easton running the fatest high school girls 800 ever with a new NFHS record of 2:02.9! Wow.
"I'm your huckleberry"
once a runner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by once a runner »

Coach, I believe Webb of Windber also placed 5th in the Long Jump.

Southpaw, I agree about Price's 2:02.9 in the 800. Anytime you break a record of Kim Gallagher (who went on to win 2 Olympic medals in the 800 meters) you have done something special. It was the best of a lot of amazing results on the girls side. 13' in the pole vault, 167' in the javelin, 4:43 in the 1600, 10:31 in the 3200 (a state record by Seymour of Central Cambria), 54 seconds in the 400, and on it went. A lot of excellent performances by the boys as well, but the girls stole the show this time around.
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

Very respectable year for the district 5 kids! 9 medals with a couple close calls for the gold!Quite a few near misses with kids barely missing the stand.I think if things had gone a little bit better the district could have had maybe 15 medals.I don't know what the most succesful year is in district 5 history(medal count) but it probably would have challenged it!Any way the track year was outstanding,I personally think the Jr high programs that were implemented 5 or 6 years ago in district 5 are starting to pay dividends for the area track athletes.Hopefully this year will be a trend for district 5 for the future.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

once a runner wrote:Coach, I believe Webb of Windber also placed 5th in the Long Jump.

Southpaw, I agree about Price's 2:02.9 in the 800. Anytime you break a record of Kim Gallagher (who went on to win 2 Olympic medals in the 800 meters) you have done something special. It was the best of a lot of amazing results on the girls side. 13' in the pole vault, 167' in the javelin, 4:43 in the 1600, 10:31 in the 3200 (a state record by Seymour of Central Cambria), 54 seconds in the 400, and on it went. A lot of excellent performances by the boys as well, but the girls stole the show this time around.
I can't hardly believe it OAR but we actually agree on something! The girls definitely have out shined the boys lately. We all forgot to mention the Methacton girl Ryan Krais who won the long, high, and 300 hurdles (with a time 2 seconds faster than national honor roll) and missed 4 golds by nicking a hurdle in the 100 causing her to fall.

Krais is going to UCLA where I think will be a heptathlete and will compete in the olympic trials this summer. Price is scheduled to go to Tennessee and will also compete in the Olympic trials and I wouldn't be surprised to see Price on the Olympic team this summer!
"I'm your huckleberry"
uhohherewego
Freshman
Freshman

Post by uhohherewego »

YEAH TRACK!!!! 8)