No Where to Run To Baby

PIAA- Track and Field
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1957
Joined: March 23rd, 2005, 5:58 pm
Reputation: 276
Contact:

No Where to Run To Baby

Postby knowitall » March 16th, 2017, 9:31 am

Bishop McCort wants to start a junior high track team beat has no home track to call its own.  With Westmont's track being out of commission its team is training at Johnstown High School.  Apparently McCort has asked to use Richland's track.  Richland refused.  Its reasons?  It would be too much wear and tear on the track (Seriously?).  Another board member said that she is worried that if McCort uses Richland's track, it may be easier for them to recruit Richland athletes.  Just one Richland school board member voted to allow McCort to use its track.  McCort did offer to pay rent.  How petty is this on Richland's part?  Or were they correct to deny access to the Osborne Street AAU Club?



  • Advertisement
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 9526
Joined: June 24th, 2011, 10:43 am
Reputation: 715

Re: No Where to Run To Baby

Postby Crimson's Ghost » March 16th, 2017, 9:45 am

Richland played in the Johnstown Parochial League this year for basketball, if they were worried about losing kids they probably wouldn't have played a full season inside McCort's building. And from what I've noticed, McCort has lost more kids to Richland since the new school opened than Richland lost kids to McCort. So at the end of the day, it just feels a bit petty to not let them use the facility. 

CMM52
Junior
Junior
Posts: 124
Joined: March 10th, 2017, 9:27 am
Reputation: 35

Re: No Where to Run To Baby

Postby CMM52 » March 16th, 2017, 10:14 am

I know liability issues are what a lot of places use to deny access to their facilities. Blacklick Valley has a "track" that would be laughable if we were still in the 70s and 80s. Central Cambria wont let them practice there because of "liability". It's just being petty.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 742
Joined: August 25th, 2014, 12:12 am
Reputation: 128

Re: No Where to Run To Baby

Postby CCDevil2012 » March 16th, 2017, 11:06 am

CMM52 wrote:I know liability issues are what a lot of places use to deny access to their facilities.  Blacklick Valley has a "track" that would be laughable if we were still in the 70s and 80s.  Central Cambria wont let them practice there because of "liability".  It's just being petty.

I think your information is wrong or you're just making it up. Bishop Carroll's track team practices at Central Cambria every day. 

CMM52
Junior
Junior
Posts: 124
Joined: March 10th, 2017, 9:27 am
Reputation: 35

Re: No Where to Run To Baby

Postby CMM52 » March 16th, 2017, 11:30 am

CCDevil2012 wrote:
CMM52 wrote:I know liability issues are what a lot of places use to deny access to their facilities.  Blacklick Valley has a "track" that would be laughable if we were still in the 70s and 80s.  Central Cambria wont let them practice there because of "liability".  It's just being petty.

I think your information is wrong or you're just making it up. Bishop Carroll's track team practices at Central Cambria every day. 

Not making anything up, just saying what I've been told.  Usually, just clearing up misinformation in a courteous and friendly manner goes a long way in communicating with people.  Just a suggestion.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 742
Joined: August 25th, 2014, 12:12 am
Reputation: 128

Re: No Where to Run To Baby

Postby CCDevil2012 » March 16th, 2017, 11:36 am

Not sure how you perceived tone through text, but that's what I was doing, clearing misinformation. But I also don't tend to bash other schools when I don't know if the information is true or not

User avatar
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 2233
Joined: August 29th, 2009, 4:32 pm
Reputation: 600
Location: Mile 129

Re: No Where to Run To Baby

Postby 12HankQB » March 16th, 2017, 11:38 am

You did call his home school "Petty" with information that had not been "fact checked".
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

CMM52
Junior
Junior
Posts: 124
Joined: March 10th, 2017, 9:27 am
Reputation: 35

Re: No Where to Run To Baby

Postby CMM52 » March 16th, 2017, 12:38 pm

12HankQB wrote:You did call his home school "Petty" with information that had not been "fact checked".

Sorry, I was referring to Richland probably being petty.  Most of us on here just spew what we hear from what we all consider individually reliable sources.  No intention of bashing any one or any place specifically. 

User avatar
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 2233
Joined: August 29th, 2009, 4:32 pm
Reputation: 600
Location: Mile 129

Re: No Where to Run To Baby

Postby 12HankQB » March 16th, 2017, 1:03 pm

CMM52 wrote:
12HankQB wrote:You did call his home school "Petty" with information that had not been "fact checked".

Sorry, I was referring to Richland probably being petty.  Most of us on here just spew what we hear from what we all consider individually reliable sources.  No intention of bashing any one or any place specifically. 

No, it's usually miscommunication and unseen tones. That's why you should call your wife instead of texting her. She'll read the text wrong and you'll be up chocolate creek without a pop-sickle stick.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

User avatar
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 286
Joined: April 2nd, 2008, 9:29 pm
Reputation: 11

Re: No Where to Run To Baby

Postby Husker33 » March 16th, 2017, 2:47 pm

Why would Bishop McCort want to send kids the whole way to Richland?  Isn't Johnstown's track right down the road?  It just doesn't make sense to me.
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi


Return to “Track and Field/X-Country”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests