2015 WestPac Preview

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
west33
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2015 WestPac Preview

Post by west33 »

Christner boys mom lives in somerset. He is staying with her and going to somerset. Heard he was playing football, dend and wr.Will really help them out in hoops and baseball too.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

Panthersfan -

You'll see Jordan Beyer as the key pulling guard and Cody Zdunczyk is the wild card tight end. I say wild card because he was out almost all season last year after breaking his leg and only got to play in two games but has a nice skill set if he can stay healthy. Not 100% sure on who else is in the mix and what the combo will be on defense.

Crimson's Ghost -

As they say, you want your best athlete to handle the ball as much as possible on offense. This makes it so he has it on every play lol Its a tough call on if it's in the best interest. The Swires boy does have promise and needs snaps to get ready for the future, however I think naming Dividock the starter is the right thing to do. Maybe if the RB/FB doesn't pan out you'll see a switch. You'll see Portage run more shotgun with Luke at QB, he's an incredibly smart young man and will use this formation to call his own QB draw/sweep/off tackle numbers.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Thanks for the update, I guess I agree with getting Dividock the ball as much as possible. Adjusting the offense a little makes sense. I figured he was best as a running back in their traditional offense, but I like mixing in some shotgun for him. I would think he was a solid throwing arm being the pitcher that he is as well.
TheRock
Freshman
Freshman

Post by TheRock »

I agree with a lot the preview information. I've been following the Westpac for several years. Once again, Berlin and the "Back" will rule the conference with very little challenges. Portage has the best shot at them but Paul will find a way to get it done. After Berlin and Portage, its wide open.

Dividock and Myers will definitely be the workhorses for the green machine and CT. No doubt about it and both are tough as nails. Scott and Smith will be fun to watch as will Blackburn out at Shade.

Shade and Township will compete, but don't rule out the Blue Jays this year. They will bring a big physical offensive line and one of district 6's all around best players in Galasso. He eclipsed the 1,000 yards mark last year, but he was a beast on the defensive side of the ball with 115 tackles, 85 of them being solo.

Windber will be Windber, boasting pride and tradition and the Shadoe will be prominent even under the lights.

Dividock and Myers will definitely be the workhorses for the green machine and CT. No doubt about it and both are tough as nails. Scott and Smith will be fun to watch as will Blackburn out at Shade.

It will be interesting to see if the Red Raiders can keep the mojo running.

Straisser and Kinsey will be tough, but I think these programs will struggle the most this year. The Jackets are very young but if they stay together, they will restore prominence in the Hive.

Here is to a fun year! Good luck to all the boys!