Where do you vacation?

General Chit-Chat, Movies/TV, No Sports Discussion. Be that guy with his crew at the coffee shop at 6 am...
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Where do you vacation?

Post by Coach »

Random but I've seen some interesting stuff lately. I learned about an awesome place at Myrtle Beach called Beach Cove resort. I found out about a place called Sunset Island at Ocean City.

We have vacationed in OC at various spots and Ft. Myers, Fl/Sanibel. Sanibel and Ft Myers is by far my favorite place. As a kiddo I was at West Palm, Duck, Kill Devil Hills, Pawley's Island, Rehoboth, and Va Beach.

This summer I think we are going to Hatteras. It looks great but I've never been down in that "undeveloped" area before. My brother-in-law LOVES Ocracoke which is down that way.

So, where do you go? Anyone go to the same place year after year? Big family trips or what? I've enjoyed checking all these places out I never really heard of so I thought this might be a neat topic. Someday I want to try going north to Maine or somewhere up there.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Where do you vacation?

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

My family (ususally 30 people strong) hits Stone Harbor, New Jersey. It's not a commercial beach town like Ocean City. It's quiet, but its nice. Nice little down town with restaurants, shops, mini golf, and ice cream. I'd recommend it. It's about 20 minutes north of Cape May, about an hour South of Atlantic City.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Love Sanibel Island, FL...Sanibel Moorings is exceptionally great, right on beach, only 2mi from lighthouse. If you're looking for a quiet vacation, with not much nightlife its great. It's hot as anything in July/August though. Try Doc Fords on Sanibel, great food! Ding Darling is a great nature preserve, and the seashelling is great if you're into that. You can also drive 50min north and catch the Buccos low level minor league team in action.

I could definitely retire to Sanibel. Once you go to Sanibel, it makes places like OCMD or Stone Harbor NJ seem like garbage. Lots There are cheapish flights from PIT to Fort Myers, FL non stop, for around $240 round trip.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

The Bubble Room on Sanibel is awesome... I love it there.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Never been there...what's it like? We are planning on going back this summer.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I'm not a beach guy personally. I'd rather go fishing or something on a lake. Buy hey, As long as the beer is cold, I can typically enjoy myself anywhere.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Awesome with GREAT homemade chips. We love the place. It has themed rooms that you can walk around and check out. The walls and tables are loaded with great conversation pieces like old toys and other sorts of great nostalgic stuff. It's just a great place to go for lunch in your bathing suit. Probably my favorite thing we did down there was visit the Broadway Palm dinner theater. We went both years. They have some good singers, actors, etc and you can get a nice meal and drinks. My wife and I went and saw Wizard of Oz and then took friends to see Peter Pan the next year. That is my must do thing when you visit down there. Favorite restaurant is Pincher's Crab Shack. We also went to a cool little Mexican place called La Casita in Ft Myers. The expensive restaurant we went to was The Lighthouse and it was good too. Pincher's was the best though.

WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Interesting, we are all about just relaxing at the beach then restuarants at night. Doc Ford's was the best! My wife loved the mojitos there. very nice place to jog too, jogged 4 miles up and back to the Lighthouse last year, fantastic run. It is so hot there when we go in early August though.

Author unknown
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

That's what we do too.

http://www.broadwaypalm.com/Content/default.asp

It looks like they have Shrek the Musical in Aug. That could be pretty good. Even if you think you want like it...go. The food is good and the price is great.

Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Stone Harbor looks pretty nice. I had never heard of it. It looks like the best of both worlds. Semi built up places are good for just about anyone.