If Playoffs Started Today in D6-A

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: If Playoffs Started Today in D6-A

Post by youngbuck »

Can anyone argue that a team is going to be more battle tested than BG coming off of back to back AAA games against Johnstown and Somerset. Even if BG lost both games, they will not see any teams with that caliber of players in the single A playoffs. I agree that portage and blairsville have played well this year but neither team has seen that type of competition coming into the playoffs.
Now I know that everyone thought Richland would make it farther last year so upsets can happen
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Oh I can partly agree to that. The statement is definitely true in d6 but I think old forge, north catholic and clairton would beat those 2 AAA any day of the week pretty easily
TheRealBleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheRealBleacherCoach »

Call me crazy but I dont think clairton would easily beat BG and Somerset. I think they could both compete. I've eat h clairton and they are a really good single A team. But they aren't 09 clairton anymore. Or 10 clairton or even 11 or 12 clairton. I believe they could compete.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

You sir are delusional. Have you not seen how Clairton has played this year? Sure bg has impressive as well but it has been against a very poor schedule. There is a reason they are below portage and Blairsville right now in points.
TheRealBleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheRealBleacherCoach »

I meant to say I've seen clairton this year not eat. Haha. But anyhow yes I've watched a few games. They aren't the old clairton anymore. We may never know but my personal opinion is they could compete. If BG gets the shot I believe it'll be a good game. They may not win but I dont think it will be easy. And BG being below portage and blairsville is just because of how the schedule fell. They get the 1 seed after this week. You have to remember what the schedule has been for the other two teams. Not very difficult.
Dragoncat
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Dragoncat »

BG battle tested?????? As of today they have only played one team with a winning record. Just because Johnstown is a AAA school does not make them a strong team. Blairsville faced them in both of their scrimmages at the start of the season and handled them very well. I will give you Somerset though, they are a very strong team. If you want to look at the top three teams in the single A ranks Blairsville have played teams with more combined wins than BG and Portage has combined. With that said Johnstown will have athletes to match up with BG and Somerset will be a very strong team. A really good match-up right before the playoffs start.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Have any Heritage teams played anyone outside the conference other than scrimmages? Who's to say that the records of the teams in the heritage are better because they are stronger than those of the LHAC? Just because Alabama might be 2-7 doesn't mean an undefeated IUP team could beat them. Records mean nothing unless the schedules intermix. IMO how you handle a team in a scrimmage doesn't define how any actual full 4 quarters would be played out. You can't say for sure who had better competition until they've played each other. I would think playing mostly AA and AAA teams would make the strength of schedule stronger than a primarily A schedule. No matter the records. Let's hear what momma has to say of the subject..

Alligators are ornery cause the got all them teeth, but no toothbrush
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
bigben7
Junior
Junior

Post by bigben7 »

I'm a Heritage fan but I think the conference is weaker this year top to bottom. Blairsville is the only team that you can clearly say is better than they were last season. I think every other team has gotten worse. I haven't seen any other games besides highlights but there seems to be more bad teams than good teams in the area.
NeutralGuy
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by NeutralGuy »

Compare 4th place teams
LHAC Penn Cambria
Heritage Purchase Line
WestPAC Shade

PC versus PL and PC versus Shade. Who ya got Fearless Forecasters?

LHAC is just better. As Don Bailey reportedly told his Rangers a few years ago "Bishop Carroll might win the state championship but will not win the Laurel Highlands championship". BG will be #1 seed and will win 6A
TITO10
Freshman
Freshman

Post by TITO10 »

NeutralGuy- You are a idiot. LHAC is not just better. I would take a Heritage or West Pac team over 90% of the LAHC teams this year. Besides Somerset and BG this year that's all you pretty much have. And as for Coach Bailey's comment, I would much rather win a Laurel Highlands title than a state title. C'mon Man!