Berlin vs Clairton Open Game Thread

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Berlin vs Clairton Open Game Thread

Post by youngbuck »

Definitely was more fair to play ten minutes from Berlin in Somerset

How many people on here think that Berlin could have beaten either Avonworth or Neshannok, Clariton s last two opponents ?
PAFootballGuy017
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PAFootballGuy017 »

Berlin MAY have had a very competitive game with Avonworth but you guys would have been destroyed by Neshannock. Neshannock is the second best team in the state.
PAFootballGuy017
Freshman
Freshman

GAU984 wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:Elizabeth Forward is very close to Clairton, probably why they chose the game to be there.

Chances are fans of Berlin can sit on the home side as well. Believe it or not, plenty of big time football schools in the wpial only have seats on one side of their stadiums. I can think of Gateway, Thomas Jefferson, and Penn Hills off hand that have nice fields and programs but seats on one side.
Yeah but at those games you don't have to deal with the trash. Ridiculous site for this game, not even an illusion of fairness.
Can you please explain "trash" to me? What exactly did you mean by that? Given what I have seen from Somerset fans I think I know EXACTLY what you mean...I hope Clairton beats you by 70.
PAFootballGuy017
Freshman
Freshman

ExRaided wrote:So sick of people saying Clairton will beat every team they face by 70. They're a great team no doubt and Berlin likely has no chance. But in the last two games I've noticed Clairton is very mistake prone. If a team can limit their own mistakes while capitalizing on Clairton's and manage to hold the ball and slow the game I think it'd be relatively easy to hold Clairton in check. Now in check might still be 35-0 but that's not bad when you look how ridiculously talented Clairton is.

Relatively easy to hold Clairton in check. I dont know how to even respond to that statement. Are you kidding me? The best team they played, Neshannock, they still scored 48 on. They arguably played their worst half of football against Avonworth and still scored 46. One of 3 things: 1. You either have never watched Clairton 2. You know nothing about football 3. You are a Berlin Homer with wishful thinking.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

PAFootballGuy017 wrote:
GAU984 wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:Elizabeth Forward is very close to Clairton, probably why they chose the game to be there.

Chances are fans of Berlin can sit on the home side as well. Believe it or not, plenty of big time football schools in the wpial only have seats on one side of their stadiums. I can think of Gateway, Thomas Jefferson, and Penn Hills off hand that have nice fields and programs but seats on one side.
Yeah but at those games you don't have to deal with the trash. Ridiculous site for this game, not even an illusion of fairness.
Can you please explain "trash" to me? What exactly did you mean by that? Given what I have seen from Somerset fans I think I know EXACTLY what you mean...I hope Clairton beats you by 70.
I really hope he wasn't calling Clairton fans trash... Essentially he'd be calling myself, friends and family trash. GAU doesn't know us.... Which is why I asked him to define trash hoping that's not what he meant.
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by D6sports101 »

PAFootballGuy017 wrote:Neshannock is the second best team in the state.
Don't Let Bishop Guilfoyle hear that. I think clairton vs BG would be an excellent game
PAFootballGuy017
Freshman
Freshman

D6sports101 wrote:
PAFootballGuy017 wrote:Neshannock is the second best team in the state.
Don't Let Bishop Guilfoyle hear that. I think clairton vs BG would be an excellent game
Ive seen them play. I think they are very good. I also think that kid from South Williamsport...Bragalone...makes South a very good team as well. I actually may have to travel to wherever that BG/South game is to check that one out. The top 4 in the state in my opinion are Clairton, Neshannock, BG, and South...not NECESSARILY in that order. I think for everyone thinking that Clairton is just going to roll to a state title may be overlooking BG and South. I do think, however, Clairton rolls TO Hershey. Once they are there against one of those two teams it will be a different story. Im not saying they lose...Im just saying it will by no means be a cake walk.

One thing someone is going to have to do though, in order to beat Clairton, is slow down their offense. Maybe you can score a bit on their D...but if you cant win a track meet with them I dont think you can beat them...and right now I havent seen anyone that can win a track meet with them.

CWNC was NEVER the best team in Class A in the state this year. The fact that the state sports writers put them in as number 1 because they were the defending champs is just lazy journalism.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

Honestly, I think BG offers the best chance of an upset against the Bears. They have the style of offense than can potentially give the Bears some fits the same way Neshannock and Taylor Riverside did. Power I teams like South are far too one dimensional and the Bears just T-Off on it. And this really doesn't matter if BG is better than South or not. South reminds me of Dunmore w/ the exception that South has one great back as opposed to Dunmore utilizing two very good RB's. If Clairton plays BG I see Clairton winning 40-28, if Clairton plays South I see Clairton winning 28-0.
PAFootballGuy017
Freshman
Freshman

animus wrote:Honestly, I think BG offers the best chance of an upset against the Bears. They have the style of offense than can potentially give the Bears some fits the same way Neshannock and Taylor Riverside did. Power I teams like South are far too one dimensional and the Bears just T-Off on it. And this really doesn't matter if BG is better than South or not. South reminds me of Dunmore w/ the exception that South has one great back as opposed to Dunmore utilizing two very good RB's. If Clairton plays BG I see Clairton winning 40-28, if Clairton plays South I see Clairton winning 28-0.
I can agree with that assessment.
TheRealBleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheRealBleacherCoach »

PAFootballGuy017 wrote:
GAU984 wrote:

Just what do you mean Somerset fans?