$50,000,000 Forest Hills High School.

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
JustWrestle
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: $50,000,000 Forest Hills High School.

Post by JustWrestle »

Is $50,000,000 the going rate for a new school from scratch? I'm just wondering how much of this is extra "bells and whistles" or is this just what it costs to build a school nowadays. Seems like it should easily be the best facility in the area
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Maybe Forest Hills Public will have to start charging for Junior High games to cover the costs lol.

I'm just curious if there will be another local gym to host basketball playoff games since Johnstown chooses not to anymore.
Touche'. It's all good and in fun, isn't it.
It ain't over until it's over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

JustWrestle wrote:Is $50,000,000 the going rate for a new school from scratch? I'm just wondering how much of this is extra "bells and whistles" or is this just what it costs to build a school nowadays. Seems like it should easily be the best facility in the area
Ask the folks in State College.
It ain't over until it's over.
JustWrestle
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by JustWrestle »

I looked it up and am I reading the right article? $85-$115 Million??
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

JustWrestle wrote:I looked it up and am I reading the right article? $85-$115 Million??
It will be $115 million at a minimum, but you have to remember that the school when completed will house 2,500 students and some of the money goes to upgrading the old North building to house the Delta program. The residents of the school district overwhelmingly approved the construction in a referendum although I wonder how residents will feel once the new tax bills start arriving this year (and next year when the SERS increases are added in).
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Are there renderings of the New gym? Will the new gymnasium be able to host district playoff games and other such events?
The Link below will take you to a site w/ various virtual fly bys, w/ renderings. Took a minute or 2 to load on my computer, but then today's technology will show what its supposed to look like. If Clicking on the Link doesn't work, try Copy/Paste it into your web browser.

http://www.ecklesgroup.com/forest-hills ... enderings/