Everett coaching position

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Everett coaching position

Post by SportsFan96 »

peytonsaturday wrote:
billmurray wrote:I'm sure it was a difficult decision for Fabian..as a coach your team is your family, but ultimately he had to take care of HIS family first...please don't have hard feeling towards him....
I'm not blaming him for taking a job to support his family at all. I just assumed (we know what happens when you do that) he was already teaching around here. No blame towards Fabian at all. I'm sure it was a tough decision for him. Just feel bad for the kids.
I was in the same boat, I assumed he was teaching at Everett also (since the majority of the time the coaches teach at the schools). If you need a job and someone offers, you got to do what you got to do. Just unfortunate that it was so close to the season starting.
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Husker33 »

Tough position for whoever they hire. Getting a staff together and installing an offense/defense. I wonder if Brian Koontz may end up doing it.
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

Husker33 wrote:Tough position for whoever they hire. Getting a staff together and installing an offense/defense. I wonder if Brian Koontz may end up doing it.

I spoke to Brian the other day...he said with such a short timeline the he may indeed have to lead the team, though they are hopeful someone wil be able to fill the position
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

Why not just give it to an assistant? Give him the title "Interim HC". He then would pretty much have a full season to interview for the job. This way it's not a new system (potentially) on offense and / or defense, and new staff. It would be easier to add an assistant coach, than a HC and 3-4 assistants.
Sideling Hill Fan
Junior
Junior

Post by Sideling Hill Fan »

Why not just give it to an assistant? Give him the title "Interim HC".
Locally, NBC did this successfully several years ago when faced with a similar early August crisis and maybe others in the region have also that I'm unaware of. 1st string guy is out, put in the 2nd string guy!
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

Sideling Hill Fan wrote:
Why not just give it to an assistant? Give him the title "Interim HC".
Locally, NBC did this successfully several years ago when faced with a similar early August crisis and maybe others in the region have also that I'm unaware of. 1st string guy is out, put in the 2nd string guy!

Exactly. It also gives times for quality applicants, rather than rushing through the process. And lets say the Warriors have a good season, exceed expectations, then the AD, and Board's decision is an easy one.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

peytonsaturday wrote:Why not just give it to an assistant? Give him the title "Interim HC". He then would pretty much have a full season to interview for the job. This way it's not a new system (potentially) on offense and / or defense, and new staff. It would be easier to add an assistant coach, than a HC and 3-4 assistants.
You'll have to ask Koontz that....as for just handing to an asst, they may not have one that wants the HC position
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

If you're worth your weight, as ANY coach, you should want to one day become a HC. You tell kids to rise up in pressure situations...yet back down when you're faced with them? If that's the case, I have no respect for the Everett coaching staff as coaches.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

peytonsaturday wrote:If you're worth your weight, as ANY coach, you should want to one day become a HC. You tell kids to rise up in pressure situations...yet back down when you're faced with them? If that's the case, I have no respect for the Everett coaching staff as coaches.
really? lol....no respect? not everyone aspires to be a head coach..... I know MANY who dedicate themselves as an asst but just dont have the extra time it takes to be a HC....so if you don't respect a staff because none of them want to be the HC...you first need to ask why....ask THEM why....not assume. That's a pretty dumb statement. anyone else want to tell him why?
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

I heard board approves new coach the 13 and it'll be announced the 14 don't know how true that is