A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
THE CHOPS
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Applications Being Accepted...

Post by THE CHOPS »

High School Football Coming to O.L.S.H.
3/23/2009 -

For the first time in "45" years, a new high school football team is being created by an established W.P.I.A.L. high school...

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart will field a varsity team beginning with the "2010" season...

The school’s board of directors approved the move last week...

Start-up of the O.L.S.H. Chargers team will be overseen by former Pitt head football coach Foge Fazio who will help O.L.S.H. administrators select and hire a permanent head coach...

“A football program will complement and enrich our already robust line-up of extracurricular and athletic teams,” said President Elizabeth Santillo...

O.L.S.H. currently offers (46) after-school activities and (18) sports programs, including a cooperative sport arrangement with nearby Cornell High School for football and boys and girls swimming...

Plans call for O.L.S.H.’s newly selected coach to collaborate with Cornell’s coaching staff during the "2009" season and then transition to an independent purple and gold O.L.S.H. squad the following season...

The team will play home games at Youthtowne, a non-profit recreation complex in nearby Findlay Township. Practices will be conducted on the school’s own athletic fields or in the school’s new Angela Activities Center. Slated to begin construction next month, that $4.4 million facility will feature a state-of-the-art weight room; two gymnasiums; two technology-enabled classrooms; a café-style concession area; locker rooms for teams, coaches and officials; and new athletic administration offices...

Applications for the head coach position will be accepted until April 15th...

Founded in "1932", Our Lady of the Sacred Heart High School is a four-year Catholic co-educational setting where (350) students and their families integrate Gospel values into daily living. A ministry of the Felician Sisters, O.L.S.H. strives to create an academically superior climate in which each student can develop spiritually, intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially.

Last Year: Former, Windber Ramblers Basketball coach (Mike Rodregiuez) was named Head Varsity Basketball Coach... Coach Rodregiuezs' first year at the helm was successful & he missed the W.P.I.A.L. Playoffs, by one game...

For more information, log on to http://www.OLSH.org or call 412.264.5140.

The Chops...
BESTofWESTmont
Junior
Junior

Re: Applications Being Accepted...

Post by BESTofWESTmont »

Godd for them. I can't believe there was a school in the WPIAL that didn't have a football program. I wish Westmont had a $4.4 million dollar sports complex.
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

The people in the Westmont school district will never allow taxes to be raised to pay for such a facility. In fact, an administrator told me that there are alot of upgrades that need to be done in the schools (especially the middle school) but the school board is afraid to raise taxes to pay for them.
BESTofWESTmont
Junior
Junior

Post by BESTofWESTmont »

Well the Middle School is a piece of junk, and Westmont could use a new football field, but what they have works for now.