new classifications for NEXT 2 years

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
zonebreaker
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

new classifications for NEXT 2 years

Post by zonebreaker »

these are the initial classifications for 2010-11 and 2011-12 (teams may still decide to move up):
http://www.piaa.org/assets/web/document ... otball.pdf

I found few changes (for regional teams) from the past cycle. Bishop McCort stayed A, Hollidaysburg stayed AAA
Last edited by zonebreaker on November 17th, 2009, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: new classifications for NEXT 2 years

Post by davesandstorm »

Wow, Mount Union at AA, that's interesting and not good news for a rebuilding program that plays in an entirely single A league. I guess Ligonier made the playoffs this year, so nothing is impossible.

The other thing that stands out at me is the loss of North Star at the AA level in District 5. Unless someone plays up, it's only Bedford and Ridge for the title now the next two years.
Last edited by davesandstorm on November 17th, 2009, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

I hope MU doesn't get the boot out of the ICC because they are now AA. That was the #1 criteria for Ridge getting the boot as they were the only "AA" school in the league at the time.

District 8 is the most interesting...They now have 5 in class "A" had none two years ago and Perry is now "AA" in district 8. Two of those "A" schools are new...University Prep and Pitt. Interational Baccalaurate. Very Interesting.
"I'm your huckleberry"
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

The 5 Pgh City schools in Class "A" will play up to "AA". I would all but guarantee it. It keeps the 5-8 subregional viable along with the D9 tie-in even though 5-AA will be at 2 teams. There may have to be a new formula worked out whereby if 8-3 has a better rating than 5-2 they get the first round berth vs 5's top rated team.

Mount Union has been in the ICC for a long time and with an even number and a closed schedule has no worries.

Although CR's enrollment (still 20 over the "A" limit despite claiming they would be Single-A this cycle) was one of the factor's, the biggest factors were their history with the league (in and out), unwillingness to join the Tri-Co Wrestling League, and unwillingness to play the D6 ICC schools in other sports. Those were the prime reasons they were shuffled off to the MAC (and refused) when the MAC wouldn't permit cross- schedules and were forced to realign. Penns Valley's decision to go to the MAC ultimately had a domino effect on Ridge and the rest is history. Like the LIFO theory of inventory in accounting, Last In First Out.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

CR always has to have some type of conspiracy theory for anything that doesn't go the way they feel it should go. They love to point fingers just not at themselves.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Easy left-eye. Thanksgiving dinner might get controversial.
"I'm your huckleberry"
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Did see that Bedford boys are AA in basketball. That's good change. I won't hate on Bedford like Lefty likes to hate on Ridge. Should have run that 7th grade game up on you like Gilly wanted to but I we showed mercy and this is what I get in return? lol.
"I'm your huckleberry"
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

haha. I knew I could get you out here quick if I threw you a few low blows.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Hey now, You know I could care less about basketball. But I must say you are a true class act. Coach Shoemaker has worked wonders on you. I guess he still has some work to do on your lackey.
hornets69
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by hornets69 »

...........imagine that, forest hills has exactly 300 boys again just like the last classification...