Who Officiated the Twp.-Vs- Windber game ?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
THE CHOPS
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Who Officiated the Twp.-Vs- Windber game ?

Post by THE CHOPS »

I'm not one to come on here & bash P.I.A.A. Football Officials & their play calling (BUT) after what I just witnessed up at Berlin H.S. tonight, they should be ashamed of their-selfs for accepting their paycheck....

This was pretty much the same crew who did Berlin -Vs- Windber last week-end & I saw the same results... Terrible :oops: terrible :oops: terrible :oops:

What game are they watching ?

Surley there has to be better crews than this, when it comes to The Championship Game of the district :roll:

The clock managment again (like last weeks Berlin -Vs- Windber game) was all srewed up. & it's not the guy upstairs in the booth that's doing this... He can only do what is motioned by the Officials on the field...

If you watched this game closley,You would see one refferee signaling to start the clock & another waving it off. Now! someone has to take charge here & get this mess straightened out ...:oops: How many time outs do you need to square up in the last minute of a football game ? These guys where all but lost...

I've been watching H.S. Sports since "1967" & this was right up there this some of the worst Officiating.

Don't get me wrong, this was a well played game by {both schools teams}. & it is a shame to see either school loose when the heart & soul was laid on the line {by both teams} but too come in here & call only one penalty -Vs- eight (or) nine against the ohter team is way out of line...

Windber is not even close to a perfect team & neither is Twp. especially when it comes to playing defense this year...BUT

I don't know a H.S. team in any part of the United Sates that can only have (one) penalty called in a half of the game... Are they that perfect that there's no calls being given out ? (I think NOT) even the pros make more mistakes

It's just a shame to teach kids that sports can be totaly dictated by (7) zebras who did a very poor job.

I wish Conemuagh Twp. the very best in two-weeks, when they go up against either Rochester (or) Clairton..

How well will they represent District #5 CLASS (A) remains to be seen?

But if the same crew does this game in two weeks, they might insight a riot in W.P.I.A.L. Land.... :shock:

The CHOPS
Blu-WhitePeaches
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Who Officiated the Twp.-Vs- Windber game ?

Post by Blu-WhitePeaches »

Yep, it was one of the worst ones I've seen. And I've seen all of Windbers anyway, this season. Last weeks was pretty bad. BUT, this was, well frankly hideous. PIAA needs to step up and do something with these so called officials. Like, I don't now, maybe more school to teach them or hire people who actually now what their doing. :| It's very aggravating and annoying as crap to sit on the bleachers and wonder if maybe you missed something?! This game was amazing...BOTH teams played with so much heart. But, frankly from start it seemed that Windber was in for long night with the officials. And, they didn't disappoint!! I've read alot of talk about their Defense. WELL....they DID step up and played like we know they could! As did the offense. They did Windber and THEMSELVES proud tonight!!!
oldsport
Junior
Junior

Post by oldsport »

You know it's really a shame when you've had an officiating crew who in the last 3 weeks has done 4 playoff games and after each one of them the majority of the conversation about the games was not about the play of the kids (players) but instead about how horrible a job the paid adults(referees) did. Berlin - Everett, Bedford - Chestnut Ridge, Berlin - Windber, and Township - Windber. The same crew the same results. If District 5 ever wants to get any respect in any sport they need to do something about the officiating first of all. I'm all for your officials doing your district games, but when your supposed best is as terrible as this crew then it's time to go to another district for a crew. I personally know some of the younger officials in this chapter and their view of the head of the chapter who is also the white hat or head of this crew is that he is a pompous **** that thinks he knows everything. With people like that in charge we are in big trouble.
baseball555
Senior
Senior

Post by baseball555 »

Blame it on the o o o o o o officials blame it on the o o o o o officials baby! good song
THE CHOPS
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by THE CHOPS »

THANK YOU, blue~white peaches & Oldsport... :wink:

I thought maybe it was ME that took this the wrong way? But i know what i saw & believe me, the Officiating border-line stunk... If i was in better health, I would become an official. I know i could call a better game :wink:

There is lots of politics as too who gets picked for what games in & around the state... I talked to officials all the time when i go to watch the P.I.A.A. State finals in basketball & they too tell me this.. There's a lot kiss a$$ing going on across the board. These guys (so~called Officials) hob-knob there way into these big paying dictator jobs. & the fans & kids get short changed..

Then add insult & pay $5.00 for this abuse

They have to learn, to "LET THE KIDS PLAY"...

I was so pissed last night that even (IF) Windber would have won. I still would have felt that they got beat. & nobody should have to feel this way after watching Two really good programs place it all on the line & only to have (7) Zebras make all those hidius calls...

I only go to watch the kids play GOOD FOOTBALL... & watch the coaches use their different stratigies.. But when you drive a wedge down into the game with guys who call a game & can't even run the time clock together (in a championship game) then it's time for something to be done...

I don't want to hear this stuff from the District (so called) Brass board Chairmans & their croneys telling Me that thats the best that we have too offer either.

Conemaugh Twp. when you go somewhere to play in Pittsburgh (in two weeks) play hard, give it your all & represent your District #5 with all you have...

& don't take that Officiating crew with you :(

The Chops.......
D6Guru

Post by D6Guru »

I was also at the game last night (because I knew the D6 games were going to be blowouts) and agree that the officials were not championship calliber. In my opinion, everything in D5 is second class. The officials, game officials, clock operators, the facility (why do they allow that game to be played on grass and mud with limited seating), and lackluster atmosphere are jayvee compared to D6. Besides that, it was a very entertaining game. I think if that WR from Windber doesn't get hurt, they pull it out.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I agree on location for the D5 playoff games. There are a lot of state of the art facilities (at least in the Johnstown area) that could be booked for these kids to experience a big-time feel for a playoff game. Maybe expenses are prohibitive? Don't know, just thinking aloud.
It ain't over until it's over.
sydfinch
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sydfinch »

So .... who officiated the Twp. vs. Windber game?
THE CHOPS
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by THE CHOPS »

The (7) dwarfs.....

Manfred It's all politics.. That's why the guys down my way in the W.P.I.A.L. call these guys {farmer~ball}

It's almost embarrasing what they do too the kids In District #5... but that's the mentality that they have... :oops: :roll:

The Chops...
CRWizard
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by CRWizard »

I wasn't at the game, but from reading this board, i would bet money it was Gary Single's crew...