Best shot at stopping Clairton's streak?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Best shot at stopping Clairton's streak?

Post by Coach »

Who do you think has the best shot at knocking of Clairton in the regular season?
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Best shot at stopping Clairton's streak?

Post by animus »

Brentwood or Imani.
vman
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by vman »

Isn't Monesson single A? If so, a coach told me they have 3 DI players in addition to the stud qb.
I have to say thank you to me ..." for not being stupid enough to go to Penn State."
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Monessen is "A" and they play Clairton on the Root Sports Thursday Night series so everyone can check out the game.

Chavis Rawlins is going to WVU and plays QB for the Greyhounds. Younger brother, Justice plays Linebacker and will get a slew of offers himself.

They would have an alright chance one would think, but then again Sto Rox had 3 D1 players and were thought to Clairton a game last season. Clairton won 42-6.

Realistically, Clairton this year and the previous 3-4 years would have been one of the top AA teams too. I mean Aliquippa is a "A" school that "plays up" I think Clairton would have done just fine had they done the same. I would pay good money to see Aliquippa and Clairton play this season.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

Monessen has 3 stud players but no line help or other help. Its rather unfortunate, but I wouldn't take them as a serious threat. They're probably the 5th best team in the conference behind Clairton, Brentwood, Bishop Canevin, and Imani.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Justice responded on Twitter...

To the guy who stated "Monessen has no line help" I assure you we will have one of the best Lines in Class "A".

Hopefully a few more guys join the site!
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Wpial2012
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Wpial2012 »

Monessen has earned the respect to finish in the top 3 of the conference, I believe their style of play will match up the best against Clairtons and they will have the best chance.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

What was the score of the last 3 times Monessen played Clairton?

Monessen couldn't even win a horrid Tri County South last season. Beth Center(the Tri County Champ) lost to Fort Cherry(Blackhills #3 team). Schools like Brentwood & Bishop Canevin are far better than Beth Center. Monessen gave up 65 points to Springdale(Eastern Conference #3) in the first round of the playoffs. The 'Hounds has not earned any respect yet. They have to go out and prove it on the field. All I see is a squad that puts up numbers against horrible competition. Week 2 and 3 is huge for the Hounds in terms of respect. If they beat Brentwood & Fort Cherry in their houses, then my eyebrow will raise a little. But on the real, I say they start the season 1-2 heading into the game 4 matchup w/ the Bears.
Wpial2012
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Wpial2012 »

With 6 starters out last year including an All-American linebacker, who shall be the heart of the defense? It shall be interesting to watch.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

Guess I'll revisit this since this is Clairton - Monessen week. Clairton will have its full compliment of players this upcoming week. I do think that Char Houston was the closest game Clairton will have until the playoffs, or even state playoffs(if the Bears reach that far).

Monessen is a better team than I gave them credit for at the start of the year. I tend to think that they should find themselves in the playoffs. With that said, I don't see Monessen hanging tough for an entire 48 minutes with the Bears. Monessen's best hope is that this game becomes a shoot out.

Prediction:
Clairton 45
Monessen 14