Tyrone has a player who is 5'10" 189 and runs a 4.3 40yd?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Tyrone has a player who is 5'10" 189 and runs a 4.3 40yd

Post by reugenev »

Here is the link to Kanuch's performance at the 2005 PSU Nike Combine

http://pennlive.rivals.com/cpevent.asp?Key=6681

As I said before LaRod's track speed no where close to Kanuch's but football speed is a whole different story.
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

HasBeen wrote:
usatf oldguy wrote:
HasBeen wrote:
And Kanuch running a 4.3? I don't really believe that either. Just because somewhere on the internet it says he ran a 4.3 at Penn State Camp, does not necessariliy mean its true.

And its not taking anything away from these two great athletes who are/were super fast, just saying not quite 4.3 fast.
I am really struggling to understand how people doubt a time that was run a couple of times at a very prestigous highschool combine that invites a few hundred div 1 college prospects. Do you guys really think they don't know how to time at this big time combine? I mean Kanuch does own the 100m record at West Central Coaches which is a 63 year old meet!
How do you know that he ran a 4.3 at Penn State?
Look at reugenev's link to the results from 2005. I don't know if it is still a record or not today, but was a record when he ran it. That in itself is impressive, when you set a record against div 1 prospects I think it says something!
footballfan2120
Freshman
Freshman

Post by footballfan2120 »

Exactly, track speed is not even close to the same as football speed. Plus how important is 40 time actually? How many times in a football game are you actually running 40 yards without any change of speed or any cuts. I'd say a shuttle time is a better judge of someone in football
therunner
Freshman
Freshman

Post by therunner »

I wish I could run that fast! A 4.3 forty yard would be nasty!
GrapeApe
Senior
Senior

Post by GrapeApe »

Footballfan- If 40 times weren't important, why would this thread still be going? I agree with your point that fast doesn't always make a good football player, but fast kids (on or off the field) are just that; fast. Fast can't be taught and will get you opportunities. Just like big can get linemen opportunities.

I find it amusing that we all think we can watch a kid on the football field and distinguish between a 4.3, 4.4, or even a 4.5. Preposterous. I hope the Oliver kid goes to a college camp and runs a 4.2.

The difference between Larrod and Kanuch (other than an NFL career) was Larrod's ability to change direction. Brad was as fast as anyone you've ever seen on a football field, but he wasn't making people miss. He had to beat you around the edge or just blow past you. I think they were close in rushing yards their senior years (I could be mistaken), but Larrod's speed allowed him to be an RB in college and Kanuch's speed forced him to be a wideout.
RamFan206
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by RamFan206 »

jayjay6218 wrote:I'm pretty sure the area already has a RB like that in the NFL with great speed that doesn't nor ever did run people over.

"Got Larod?! We Do.
Check out our video library for highlights, game film and more local sports coverage. ... "
That's true and JO is a great football player and I can't wait to see him tonight
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Get a good look at his face...he'll show ya the backside quickly...lol
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by jayjay6218 »

Eaglealum wrote:Get a good look at his face...he'll show ya the backside quickly...lol
I just choked on my coffee reading this! LMFAO
therunner
Freshman
Freshman

Post by therunner »

Eaglealum wrote:Get a good look at his face...he'll show ya the backside quickly...lol
I'll show ya my backside quickly ;)
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

After seeing him at the game tonight standing beside some Richland players that I know how big they really are, I have to say I am not convinced that he is that big. But the two things I noticed are that he does not play defense or special teams, (at least as a returner?) and he needs to do a lot of growing up. Down 14-0, he walks over takes his helmet off and sits on the bench and pouts. I dont care how athletic and fast he is, this is a team sport