Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: D5 Semifinals Outlook.

Post by MightyMouse »

Nice...

I'll take NB in a blowout
and
Berlin in a close battle
Last edited by MightyMouse on November 12th, 2012, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RamblinMan
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by RamblinMan »

Tough for me to make a call on the NB/NS game having not seen the Panthers play yet. I'm inclined to think this could be their year if the pounding they put on Tussey Mountain earlier in the year is any indication. The same TM team that just took Windber to the wire and the one that I'm not so sure wasn't the better team Friday night. They were much more physical and the only way Windber stopped them the entire game was because of two costly penalties and on the last drive the clock. I'll disagree slightly in that I don't feel that North Star had to work very hard to beat Shade Saturday night. The game certainly didn't feel like a playoff game, not much emotion from either team, no real punishment handed out from either team and from the stands it didn't seem like either team was fighting to extend their season. It surprised me a bit. Having said all that, I'll go NB-27 NS-20.

I don't have a good feeling about Windbers chances this week but that could be a good thing since I felt the same way when the two teams played earlier in the year. I'm concerned mostly because of the beating Tussey Mountain put on them and all the injuries they sustained. One Tomlinson out for the rest of the season, Gipe injured and may or may not be at his best and how will Blough bounce back from concussion he sustained a couple weeks ago. Gotta give Windber huge Kudos for getting the W with so many players on the bench much of the game and a real shout out to 3 string QB Podrasky and Mike Barbe filling in nicely when others went down. Now with Berlin, they will play like they always play. Tough hard nosed ball, good fundamental football and will be well coached. I'll call it Berlin-21 Windber-20 and I'm probably doing that because it seems this Windber team like to prove me wrong. So...again...I hope I'm wrong.
Chiefwapum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Chiefwapum »

NB 28-NS 7 North Star has good defense but, I think NB will shut out NS offense Just my thought
As far as Berlin and Windber I have to say Berlin in a close one Maybe 21-20
Footballguy84
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Footballguy84 »

Semifinals

NB over North Star 21-7
Berlin over Windber 28-20

Finals
NB over Berlin 28-14
Porkchop
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Porkchop »

NB - 28
NS - 7

(Close game until 3rd quarter, then NB's passing attack takes over along with their run and pass stopping defense)

Windber - 14
Berlin - 7

(Low scoring game where i have no favorite. Ill go with windber because of their tricky playstyle)
thunder
Freshman
Freshman

Post by thunder »

NB-14 NS-6 NS defense will keep it close but the offence will get shut down. with pore play calling Alan Pelesky will find a way to lose this game. with 50 pluss passes to strasiser 0 to the running backs and 7 to the tight ends he will make it a easy night for NBC.
Pantherman5
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Pantherman5 »

i'll take NB over NS 35-14. With Northern Bedford's defense that will shut down North Star's running game and when Northern has defensive backs like Kyler Diehl, Jordan Miller, and Justin Baker North Star's passing game will be shut down and when North Star only has one key wide receiver against those three defensive backs along with the Pressel twins and Caleb Ebersole North Star won't be able to pass and when they try to run the ball Northern's line and linebackers will stop it. Now Northern's offense will be running and passing. I think Northern's run will be strong with their fast backs and their passing will be strong also because of their receivers. Basically Northern will be on fire and shut North Star down both offensively and defensively.
footballguy99
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by footballguy99 »

North Star 20
Northern Bedford 14

North Star is the two time defending champion and they won't go down without a fight. They have a good running game, a good defense, and a great wide receiver. I'd throw every pass to him thunder. He is that good. If it is near him, he gets it. Look at the last few weeks. He has had huge games.

Berlin 30
Windber 7

It won't be close. Berlin has had nearly a month of prep time for Windber now with the week 10 game, the bye week, and now this week.
MightyMouse
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by MightyMouse »

I love reading some of these links.Its not difficult to pick out the young kids....

6'5" straiser is pretty good,( not sure what NB will do) but this week NB might have to put a match up of 6'5" Diehl on him. It wont be as easy for NS to complete some of those rainbow passes...plus NB is tremendous on pass rush. Should be a good match-up...I'm still staying with NB with a big margin of victory...does windber and Berlin play on friday also?