Final
Clairton 53
Berlin 0
thebrigade
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Berlin vs winner of Sto Rox/Clariton

Post by thebrigade »

dang shame the game just starts and paul decides to go for a 4th and 16 inside his own territory. not like clairton needs any help scoring, then goes for a 4th and 11 inside berlin territory and gives another short field, then berates the defense for letting clairton score after he gives them the ball in his own territory, that i think made it 20-0. clairton stacks 10 men in the box and paul keeps calling up the middle and a few off tackle. they ran a screen play that worked well on first posession and never ran it again. drew did a great job breaking as many tackles as he could but you cant do to much against 10 men. nola was by far the superior coach, clairton loses player with a broken arm but still stayed in stride. boyd is about as good as a runner as i have seen and is deserving of the d1 prospects. although i have to say after watching the past 4 years i do believe next year they will lose and may not rep d7, not much after boyd goes that i saw with exception of 52. great lbacker and should shore up defense somewhat but this is the year they lose their dominance imo. and coach you can rip me all you want for calling out paul but you dont go for it on 4th and 16 and 4th and 11 inside your own territory against a team like this.
thebrigade
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by thebrigade »

hold your heads high berlin boys, you did a hell of a job this year. congrats on a great season and remember you accomplished what only one d5 team could do and you earned your right to represent and did a great job.
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

None of it matters. Vince Lombardi could have maybe coached Berlin to a 40 - 0 loss. Clariton will be good again next year
lucasi28
Freshman
Freshman

Post by lucasi28 »

Were half of you idiots on here commenting even at the game? It wasn't a poor officiated game. Fact is they let the kids play for one, and it didn't get all that out of hand. Berlin played a good physical game and was getting the best of Clairton the first quarter and a half. It is obvious they are not used to that. There were cheap shots taken by both teams but nothing to get all in a hissy about. As far as the Glotfelty thing, he never punched the kid in the head multiple times. He blocked the kid and he landed wrong on his arm. If he is that much of a panzy to not take a hit, he better not worry about going to college to play. I am taking nothing from Clairton, they are a great football team, no doubt about it, but if you wanna go classless, they have an injured player on the field and their fans are cheering "We want 25!" quit being so dramatic, they obviously outplayed Berlin. Hopefully the player is able to return next week and continue, and for certain people who are local to comment on the Bears facebook page, and more or less call Berlin classless. You obviously have poor sportsmanship because Berlin beat your team this year. On that note Congrats to Berlin for a great season, and hopefully next year is just as successful...and Congrats to Clairton on their record breaking season and good luck in the rest of the state playoffs..
thebrigade
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by thebrigade »

really man... calling a player a pansy because of what fans were saying? guess ben is a pansy for breaking his rib. rip the people in the stands all you want but dont rip on a kid who got hurt.
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

Nothing against Tyler Boyd but I hope he doesn't go to PSU. Great runner but he is afraid of getting hit. If he doesn't have open field he shys away from any contact. This is Berlin too not a D1 school with 240 lb linebackers.
steelers1935
Freshman
Freshman

Post by steelers1935 »

People get a clue...not everyone on berlin's side was from Berlin...the county is made up of idiots...the county is soft and when Berlin is physical we are the bad guys...focus on the classless of Claritin fans...whatever Berlin wins a district championship and we are the bad guys...cry me a river... Build me a bridge and get over it...Claritin beat us.. They were classless during preface and did not back down...somerset county people...get out of the county once in awhile... Ur vacation is not idlewild
sportsfan1000
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sportsfan1000 »

bbsocceralumni wrote:Nothing against Tyler Boyd but I hope he doesn't go to PSU. Great runner but he is afraid of getting hit. If he doesn't have open field he shys away from any contact. This is Berlin too not a D1 school with 240 lb linebackers.
Are you serious? You have to be kidding, right? This kid is one of the top recruits in the nation. Forget what all the re ruiting services say... a berlin fan says he is afraid of contact...shut down the recruiting...pull all scholarship offers to this kid!
I think what you actually saw was him not getting contact because he was to busy running past all of your players.

Heck, I know he's no eric d'carrion but give me a break.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

I'm sure North Star fans would disagree on how classless Clairton fans are. Its apparent crap happened on the field after plays that shouldn't have. When I read tweets from BobL, D6SportsNet etc about how dirty Berlin played tonight I had to listen. Look I'm not going to base my opinion solely on what was said on the Clairton FB Page. Its very obvious to me that Clairton fans reacted to something that happened on the field. Yes our fans can be insane at times, but they don't get angry over nothing. We're a passionate bunch, no doubt about that.