Clairton vs Dunmore PIAA Class A final

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Clairton vs Dunmore PIAA Class A final

Post by Coach »

Post thoughts and opinions here. Can Dunmore's size and strength compete with Clairon's speed? Dunmore won't come in being intimidated.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
AnthonyK
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Clairton vs Dunmore PIAA Class A final

Post by AnthonyK »

Eerily similar to SC vs Clairton last year. Big powerful OL and Rb against smaller DL and speed. SC had a great game plan but just didnt have the athletes to match Clairtons on the edge. Most certainly Dunmore wants to run the ball pound it keep it out of Clairton's hands and control the clock. But eventually Clairton will get a stop or two and does Dunmore have the speed to stop Boyd, Webb, Clifford and probably Howard on defense?
YinzerKyle
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by YinzerKyle »

Hopefully Howard can play. Either way I can't wait. I'll be on the Clairton side rooting them on.
briangahagen
Freshman
Freshman

Post by briangahagen »

I think teams have tried the ground and pound before and it doesn't work. Clairton might be the best tackling team and always has 3 or 4 or more players around the ball. It might be close for a while but I think it will be a comfortable win for Clairton.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

Clairton hasn't seen the kind of power Dunmore will bring. In now way is this Dunmore team comparable to last years SC team. The Bucks are bigger, stronger and faster. That said, it'll be a very close game. Could go either way....

btw, this is my first post here...names Billy and I write for easternpafootball.com and westernpafootball.net
YinzerKyle
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by YinzerKyle »

Welcome, Billy.

I haven't seen Dunmore nor do I really know anything about them and I don't doubt that it might be a very close game, but they need to make sure that they can weather the Clairton storm whenever it comes.

Clairton's been involved in close games throughout the year but there always seems to come a time in the game when they put up 20-30 points in a matter of a few minutes. Dunmore needs to make sure that when Clairton starts to get rolling they can respond because once the Bears get some momentum they're very hard to stop.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

I gotta give Dunmore some props here. They're a traditional ground & pound type football team that most yinzers would love.

The combo of Buckley and Seamon are a nice 1-2 punch at RB. Both aren't afraid of contact and really enjoy punishing LB's and DB's to finish off a run. And Dunmore's lines are massive. Its going to be a great challenge.
AnthonyK
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by AnthonyK »

I didnt know Dunmore was that loaded. Could Clairton finally be an underdog? It seem as though most people I've talked to statewide are still going with Clairton but Billy if you have seen both I'll believe ya. I talked to someone who saw Dunmore SC game and said SC shot themselves in the foot early and should have won but admittedly I havent seen Dunmore only going by what people tell me. If this is the team that finally has the speed at Class A to shut down all of Clairtons weapons I wanna see it Friday.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

Anthony, I'm not sure if Dunmore has the athletes on the outside to match up with Howard(if he plays) and Webb. At the same time the Bears are far smaller up front against Dunmore's massive line. The game will come down to which Line gets worn down first. No way would I say Clairton is the underdog. I'd say the consensus favorite will be Clairton. Just a very interesting match up.
AnthonyK
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by AnthonyK »

Pardon me for being cynical. I'm just saying if you had a friend that always had a friend of his girlfriends to fix you up with and 4 different times they turned out to be absolute Hogs you probably would eventually stop believing in your friend as far as fixing you up. Well last year Sto Rox had the athletes Clairton hadnt seen before, Southern Columbia had the big Ol and the Wing T and a good QB Clairton hadnt seen before, this year Sto Rox had the improved same QB and a bigger OL/DL, last night Port Allegany had the QB and spread passing attack Clairton hadn't seen before and were minus Howard. Even dude from Post G was hinting upset. So I'm not disrespecting Billy in anyway or anybody state wide that picks Dunmore or says tight game. I've just heard this over and over so many times and I can tell you Clairton kids get quite agitated/motivated when this happens (See exhibit A Sto Rox 2011) haha. And I'm certainly not saying Clairton 50-10 here. I'll be in front of my TV Friday 1pm and if this is finally the team with the magical potion to do it I wanna see it that's all. Only thing I will say is Clairtons RUN Defense is a little better than what people give it credit for.