Page 1 of 1

District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Posted: November 1st, 2015, 12:12 pm
by reugenev
Here is the way I have it:

The TOP 7 TEAMS ARE IN!  

1 BG 1300 9-0 (  SOM)
2 MV 1280 9-0 ( WB)
3 PM 1250 9-0 (  KEYSTONE) *lost in 2OT to 9-0 Karns City
4 PORT 1080 8-1(  BERLIN 9-0)
5BA 890 6-3 ( PO)
6 WH 820 6-3 ( CC)
7 NC 770 6-3 (  NB) * Not a gimme
=====================================

FIVE TEAMS BATTLING FOR the 8th slot, and  a date with returning state champion BG?

                                                 (Projected finish)
 CV 620 5-4 (  CT)  (5-5)
Juniata Valley 620 5-4 (Hunt)  (5-5) -Win and In
 PL 600 5-4  ( WEST SH) (5-5)
 CH  540  4-5 (JST) (5-5) --- ELIMINATED WITH A LOSS
 HC 490 4-5 (WILL) (5-5) --- ELIMINATED WITH A LOSS

I'M STICKING WITH none of the teams battling for the 8 seed gets to 6 wins. (The best shot lies with PL if they can knock off a 3-6 West Shamokin team.)  Otherwise if CH upsets Johnstown, which is a good bet, the Heights would get the 8 seed.  If CH loses to the Trojans, it will come down to power points between CV, JV, PL, HC.  My pick is CV.

My Picks are
1 BG
8  CH or CV

4 PORTAGE
5 BA
=======================

2 PM
7 NC

3 MV
6WH  (COULD BE A SLEEPER IF THIS IS THE WAY IT PLAYS OUT)

Let me here your picks 1-8

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Posted: November 1st, 2015, 1:24 pm
by Aiks19
1 BG
2 MV
3 PM
4 port
5 BA
6 WH
7 NC
8 CH

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Posted: November 1st, 2015, 2:04 pm
by ChrisKentRam
reugenev wrote:Here is the way I have it:

The TOP 7 TEAMS ARE IN!  

1 BG 1300 9-0 (  SOM)
2 MV 1280 9-0 ( WB)
3 PM 1250 9-0 (  KEYSTONE) *lost in 2OT to 9-0 Karns City
4 PORT 1080 8-1(  BERLIN 9-0)
5BA 890 6-3 ( PO)
6 WH 820 6-3 ( CC)
7 NC 770 6-3 (  NB) * Not a gimme
=====================================

FIVE TEAMS BATTLING FOR the 8th slot, and  a date with returning state champion BG?

                                                 (Projected finish)
 CV 620 5-4 (  CT)  (5-5)
Juniata Valley 620 5-4 (Hunt)  (5-5) -Win and In
 PL 600 5-4  ( WEST SH) (5-5)
 CH  540  4-5 (JST) (5-5) --- ELIMINATED WITH A LOSS
 HC 490 4-5 (WILL) (5-5) --- ELIMINATED WITH A LOSS

I'M STICKING WITH none of the teams battling for the 8 seed gets to 6 wins. (The best shot lies with PL if they can knock off a 3-6 West Shamokin team.)  Otherwise if CH upsets Johnstown, which is a good bet, the Heights would get the 8 seed.  If CH loses to the Trojans, it will come down to power points between CV, JV, PL, HC.  My pick is CV.

My Picks are
1 BG
8  CH or CV

4 PORTAGE
5 BA
=======================

2 PM
7 NC

3 MV
6WH  (COULD BE A SLEEPER IF THIS IS THE WAY IT PLAYS OUT)

Let me here your picks 1-8

Clearly you understand how the seeding formula works better than me, but I'm not sure I understand how PM can overtake Mo Valley if they both win out which seems likely?  As far as the 8 seed goes...  It's nice that all these teams have something to play for at least, even though it won't matter because they will get crushed.  Making playoffs is a nice accomplishment and experience for the underclassmen and seniors as well...  As I said last week, it won't be PL, they are missing all their offensive threats due to injury.  I bet every team loses except Homer this week...If what you say is true, and Homer can catch CV, then I'll take Homer.... If not, CV it is...

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Posted: November 1st, 2015, 2:31 pm
by konjo78
Teams also gain 10 points for every win an opponent makes over the year (if they beat a team) so keystone is 10 points closing and if more heritage teams win than teams on MVs schedule than pm can overtake them

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Posted: November 1st, 2015, 2:45 pm
by ChrisKentRam
konjo78 wrote:Teams also gain 10 points for every win an opponent makes over the year (if they beat a team) so keystone is 10 points closing and if more heritage teams win than teams on MVs schedule than pm can overtake them

Give it up Konjo, last week you said Southern Huntington was going to beat Mo Valley... No one asked for your two cents...  I was asking reugenev, because he actually does his research, and can give me a legitimate response.  I understand in theory how Penns Manor could catch them.  However, reugenev usually provides legitimate numbers to back up what he is saying...reugenevreugenevreugenev

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Posted: November 1st, 2015, 3:19 pm
by pigskin50
Besides BG, all other higher seeds should hope they don't get Westmont week 1.  The Hilltoppers are playing really well.  Very physical up front and very big.  I predict they will win round 1 of the playoffs if they don't play BG.  Looking forward to going to watch them play.

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Posted: November 1st, 2015, 4:43 pm
by Aiks19
1 BG 2 MV 3 PM 4 portage 5 BA 6 WH 7 NC 8 CH, I'll call upsets in BA @ portage and Westmont @ PM

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Posted: November 1st, 2015, 8:47 pm
by lhacbigfan
There is very little chance Penns Manor would pass Mo Valley. MV currently leads by 30 points and assuming both win, would still be ahead by 20 points before factoring in opponent wins in Week 10. MV would get sure 10 points from Bellwood (PO), Mt. Union (PV),  and the winner of Claysburg/So. Hunt (beat both). Also possibly more from toss up games: (Glendale/Marion Center and Williamsburg/Homer-Center). Not counting the toss ups that puts MV ahead by 50. PM would need 5 of the following teams to win just to tie. 
Homer-Center (vs Williamsburg)
Northern Cambria (vs Northern Bedford)
United (vs Farrell)
Marion Center (vs Glendale)
Blairsville (vs Curwensville)
Ligonier Valley (vs Central)
Purchase Line ( vs West Shamokin)

United and Blairsville would seem to be severe underdogs meaning the other 5 all must win. Possible, but very unlikely.

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Posted: November 1st, 2015, 8:56 pm
by ChrisKentRam
lhacbigfan wrote:There is very little chance Penns Manor would pass Mo Valley. MV currently leads by 30 points and assuming both win, would still be ahead by 20 points before factoring in opponent wins in Week 10. MV would get sure 10 points from Bellwood (PO), Mt. Union (PV),  and the winner of Claysburg/So. Hunt (beat both). Also possibly more from toss up games: (Glendale/Marion Center and Williamsburg/Homer-Center). Not counting the toss ups that puts MV ahead by 50. PM would need 5 of the following teams to win just to tie. 
Homer-Center (vs Williamsburg)
Northern Cambria (vs Northern Bedford)
United (vs Farrell)
Marion Center (vs Glendale)
Blairsville (vs Curwensville)
Ligonier Valley (vs Central)
Purchase Line ( vs West Shamokin)

United and Blairsville would seem to be severe underdogs meaning the other 5 all must win. Possible, but very unlikely.

Thank you for crunching the numbers...

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Posted: November 6th, 2015, 10:18 pm
by reugenev
Hate to say I told you so, this should be the matchups in single A

1 BG
8 CH

5BA
4 PORTAGE


2. Pm
7. NC

3. MV
6. WH