I say
AAAA: LaSalle over Central Catholic
AAA: Imhotep over Bishop McDevitt
AA: Southern Colombia over Aliquippa
A: Clairton over Bishop Guilfoyle 
Sykotyk
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Who do you think will be in Hershey.

Post by Sykotyk »

I won't really guess out of the east, because I don't know enough of the teams.

But, for Western teams:

4A Pittsburgh Central Catholic
3A Erie Cathedral Prep
2A Hickory (I think the Quips are beatable, and South Fayette hasn't been the team they were in the past)
1A Clairton
Ddp53
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ddp53 »

Ya I agree about the East , do not know enough to say.
From the West.
4A-PCC
3A-TJ But would not be surprised if ECP, AAA is really the one class up for grabs.
2A-Aliquippa
1A-Clairton
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

real question is how many private schools will be there compared to public schools.
Sykotyk
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Sykotyk »

Well, based on brackets:

4A has 2 private schools (PCC and LaSalle) who are on opposite sides of the bracket, so could meet.
3A has 2 private schools (Erie Cathedral Prep & Bishop McDevitt) who are on the West bracket.***
2A has 2 private schools (Berks Catholic and Philadelphia West Catholic) who are on the east bracket.
1A has 2 private schools (Bishop McDevitt and Bishop Guifoyle) who are on the east bracket.

***-Imhotep, though public, has their school made up selectively. Interesting that last year as 2A, were the best Philadelphia public school. And has been for a while. Easy when you draw from an entire city and aren't 4A.
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

2 games I would love to see is Aliquippa-Southern Columbia and Clairton-BG II...

-I think the Quips-Tigers game is a matchup of 2 historical PIAA Powers who have never met. Both could/should of met in Single A for years but with the Quips choosing to play up it never happened. Now that Southern Columbia is AA these 2 teams could colide and I think it would make for a heck of a championship if it does indeed happen!

-"Clairton-BG II" would be possibly the most anticipated rematch in PIAA High School football history! The way these 2 teams went at it last year and the way it all transpired at the end...WOW!!! Who would of ever thought we would be here one year later with the potential of this rematch happening 2 weeks from now! This could be the "Armegeddon" of PIAA High School Football, better beaf up the security this time!!!
Last edited by QuoteTheRaven on December 4th, 2015, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

4A LaSalle vs Central Catholic
3A Imhotep vs McDevitt
2A Aliquippa vs Dunmore
1A Clairton vs BG

Thanksgiving is over, but i'll be thankful for a true public final in AA
-BIRDS OF PREY-
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Sykotyk wrote:I won't really guess out of the east, because I don't know enough of the teams.

But, for Western teams:

3A Erie Cathedral Prep
2A Hickory (I think the Quips are beatable, and South Fayette hasn't been the team they were in the past)
1A Clairton 

Dittoe
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Sykotyk
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Sykotyk »

Eaglealum wrote:
Sykotyk wrote:I won't really guess out of the east, because I don't know enough of the teams.

But, for Western teams:

3A Erie Cathedral Prep
1A Clairton 

Dittoe
Well, I was wrong on Clairton. Never would've thought Berlin would beat them. So, kudos to them. Hickory just astounds me that they lost. I thought Sharon was the best 2A team in District 10, and Hickory dispatched them in the title game after losing close in the regular season. So, surprised that they still couldn't make their way to the state title game.
As for my statement on the Quips, I still stand by it. D7 wasn't as strong this year, and they're definitely beatable. KC almost did it. I could see Martinsburg Central doing it. They beat a Hickory team I thought was destined for the title game, so it could happen.
MrReliable
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by MrReliable »

A - Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Berlin Brothersvalley
AA - Southern Columbia vs. Aliquippa
AAA - Imhotep Charter vs. Bishop McDevitt
AAAA - Parkland vs. Central Catholic