ICC Week 9

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Footballfanatic024
Freshman
Freshman

Re: RE: ICC Week 9

Post by Footballfanatic024 »

ICCFan wrote:Another 5-1 record last week and 36-14 overall now.  Only miss was Mo Valley’s comeback win over Juniata Valley in a game I sensed could go either way.  Bellwood, won versus Mount Union and has a two game lead with just two weeks remaining.  I’ve got Everett as the #2 team in the league right now, is their any truth to the rumor that they could be left out of the District 5 Playoffs?  As of this week I’ve got Mount Union at #3, Mo Valley #4, Juniata Valley at #5 followed by NBC and Williamsburg in a very close and competitive pack behind Bellwood.

Tussey Mountain at Claysburg  –  Tussey Mountain wins the “Cellar Bowl” last week, now can they climb further out from the bottom as they travel to Claysburg.  The Bulldogs have been the most competitive of the bottom level teams this year and I think this game comes down to one thing.  Has Claysburg thrown in the towel yet?  Because I don’t think Tussey Mountain has.  I have mixed feelings here and I’m tempted to take the upset but….CK has by far the better talent and I trust that veteran Coach Dan Foor will find a way to keep them playing hard.  CK 34 TM 24.

Mount Union at Northern Bedford – This is a pivotal game for both teams.  MU coming off two consecutive losses which effectively eliminated them from the league title chase and NBC trying to repeat their October run of 2015.  This is two teams heading in opposite directions.  In what should be a fun game to watch, Northern Bedford offense will be too much.  NB 40 Mount Union 26.

Bellwood at Southern Huntingdon  – Bellwood plows forward.  Southern Huntingdon is competitive but won’t be able to keep pace with the Blue Devils.  In a yawner, Bellwood 30 S.Huntingdon 3.

Everett at Williamsburg –  This could be an entertaining and high scoring game.  Both teams have exciting offenses and it’s a key game for both teams heading into the home stretch and presumably, the playoffs for both.  Everett has not played as well on the road and I see that trend continuing.  Williamsburg offense more than capable of keeping pace.  Turnovers will be the key.  Williamsburg 48 Everett 46 in double OT!

West Branch at Mo Valley – This could be an interesting matchup in the Northern extremes of the conference rivalry game.  Jake Murawski went over the 1,000 yard mark in rushing last week and with his running and Coach Keith having them ready to play another tough game, I say Mo Valley prevails.  MV 28 W.Branch 14.

Juniata Valley at Glendale  -  Juniata Valley lost a tough one last week to Mo Valley and needs to get back on track.  I’ve liked the aggressive hard hitting style of the Hornets all year and I say they rebound nicely versus a Glendale squad that saw their only chance of a win go down the drain last week.  JV 47 Glendale 2.
Both teams that mu lost too were solid football teams and I think that this week they should be able to gain some momentum going into playoffs. I say they win out and and get a home playoff game this year

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: ICC Week 9

Post by Aiks19 »

Sneakers wrote:I'll try it this way with Husker's post helping...If Westinghouse is higher than the #4 seed and is unavailable to play week #11 because of City League Championship commitments I'm hearing they will knock out D5's #4.
I wouldn't put it past the PIAA. To do this. Not only do you punish the 4 seed, you punish the top 2 teams, who would have to play in semis. I can't wrap my brain around this, but again it wouldn't shock me.
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

Aiks19 wrote:
Sneakers wrote:I'll try it this way with Husker's post helping...If Westinghouse is higher than the #4 seed and is unavailable to play week #11 because of City League Championship commitments I'm hearing they will knock out D5's #4.
I wouldn't put it past the PIAA. To do this. Not only do you punish the 4 seed, you punish the top 2 teams, who would have to play in semis. I can't wrap my brain around this, but again it wouldn't shock me.
It's no guarantee that it would be Everett knocked out either. The last two games for Ridge are not "gimme" wins (especially for this years team because you never know how they will play from week to week). If they lose those two games and end up the #4 seed,  Ridge could be on the outside looking in, despite beating Everett head to head and IMO playing a tougher schedule. I don't know how  points are figured out for these teams, but I can only assume they are probably close between #2, #3 and #4? Does anyone know how to figure that out or already have that figured out?
superstar25
Senior
Senior

Post by superstar25 »

This will be a real travesty if this happens and a 6-4 Everett or 5-5 CR gets left out of the playoffs. Westinghouse should have to choose between the city championship or entering D5 playoffs, they shouldn't get a bye to the championship. If they want to play in D5 playoffs, forfeit the city championship game. D5 shouldn't allow this. 1-4 should be very close after week ten with it possibly coming down to tie breakers. You get 7 points for beating an A team, 8 for AA, 9 for AAA and so on. Your total points are then divided by the number of games you played.
Sneakers
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Sneakers »

My guess when it all got developed is that the powers that be never thought Westinghouse would have a chance to challenge their way into a #1 or #2 City league spot.

I just found an article that puts Westinghouse, Brashear and University Prep at the top with 3-1 records.
superstar25
Senior
Senior

Post by superstar25 »

I don't understand why they don't have the city championship game in week ten. No city teams have any games scheduled for that week. D5 website also states that the cutoff for playoffs is October 29th (after week 10).
Sneakers
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Sneakers »

Looks like on Friday,  Westinghouse locks up a 4-1 conference year with another W over Winless Carrick and Brashear and University Prep play each other also to see who else qualifies at 4-1....The big thing I am missing is no games scheduled for anyone on Oct 28th or 29th...I'll  try to research more. Their precious city championship could be decided then if that's the case. But I am sure I am missing something...(superstar beat me to this info)
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

superstar25 wrote:This will be a real travesty if this happens and a 6-4 Everett or 5-5 CR gets left out of the playoffs. Westinghouse should have to choose between the city championship or entering D5 playoffs, they shouldn't get a bye to the championship. If they want to play in D5 playoffs, forfeit the city championship game. D5 shouldn't allow this. 1-4 should be very close after week ten with it possibly coming down to tie breakers. You get 7 points for beating an A team, 8 for AA, 9 for AAA and so on. Your total points are then divided by the number of games you played.
How do they figure the points for teams outside of PA. Ridge played 3 teams and Westinghouse played 1. Do they get the points for whatever their PA equivalent is?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Current D5-AA Standings...

1. Berlin 7-1, 49 pts, 6.13
2. Ridge 5-3, 46 pts, 5.75
3. WH 4-3, 39 pts, 5.57
4. Everett 5-3, 37 pts, 4.63

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

If you don't want to miss out on the playoffs, don't lose to Bald Eagle and Claysburg. CR or Everett would have nobody to blame but themselves if they miss out by a few points.