Glendale head football coach

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Glendale head football coach

Post by footballfan1 »

Does Glendale open up the coaching positions every year, like some schools do which is stupid, or did coach Walstrom and his whole staff resign? 
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Glendale head football coach

Post by SportsFan96 »

I've heard some folks talk about this and from what I understand, the coaching staff was informed that the position was going to be opened up and they were not being brought back. I don't know if they resigned themselves or if they were given the choice of resign or be fired. This is just what I have heard from some parents of football players.
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

Can't blame the school.  What reason would he have to keep his job?  Their stellar record?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The Flinton post office will be hiring additional help to handle all the resumes that will be coming in for this job opening
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

Glendale reaps what they sough. I put in for this job a few years ago and they hired a home body with less experience. There is a reason they are one of the worst programs in the area year after year after year...
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Raven you and grasshopper on here should apply and coach together. You two could be like Ditka and Buddy Ryan.
thepalerider
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by thepalerider »

He was a great hire, young, homegrown boy with college football experience.  I don't care if they had you, Ric Flair, or Vince Lombardi coaching its not like they would have had many more (if any) wins.  He did a great job with what he had to work with and had the program going in the right direction, can't measure his body of work on wins and losses because for the most part no one has won there outside of when he was in school and they had Tyler Jenney playing qb.  Its small school football and at the end of the day you either have the horses or you don't. 
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

QuoteTheRaven wrote:Glendale reaps what they sough. I put in for this job a few years ago and they hired a home body with less experience. There is a reason they are one of the worst programs in the area year after year after year...
It  sounds like you should apply again and save the day.
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

thepalerider wrote:He was a great hire, young, homegrown boy with college football experience.  I don't care if they had you, Ric Flair, or Vince Lombardi coaching its not like they would have had many more (if any) wins.  He did a great job with what he had to work with and had the program going in the right direction, can't measure his body of work on wins and losses because for the most part no one has won there outside of when he was in school and they had Tyler Jenney playing qb.  Its small school football and at the end of the day you either have the horses or you don't. 
I beg to differ. Teams like Juniata Valley and Northern Bedford are consistently good with roughly the same number of kids, year in and year out. Not a knock on him or his staff but I watched several Glendale games and his system was very generic and basic, nothing outside of the box or something that would separate them from the pack. Also heard from various people that the kids consistently showed up not caring and expecting to lose. Glendale football needs a fresh start and the program as a whole needs completely rebuilt from top to bottom. If you get the right coach in there with the right mentality and the kids buy into it, any program can be successful with time. Attitude, Hard Work, and Stability are the keys to long term success...
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
grasshopper
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by grasshopper »

Whoa Golden Eagle easy now.  We're all trying to get into the Christmas spirit here.  I sure hope my cuz The Raven
wasn't offended.   Anyhow the situation at Glendale.   Several paths to look at here is number one numbers.  If the
students do not want to participate what can a coach do?   I don't know but does the Glendale area have a youth
program?  That sure helps.   It seems from the past 2 years the entire sports programs are down.   Quite  possibly
their in an era the athletes are just not present.   As they say now should a new staff come in the cupboard is
going to be bare and what the famous wax people said, Johnson & Johnson, you can't shine poop.  (Putting it
politely).   So it's a shame the coaching staffs have to face the school board when the material is just not there.
The ICC is a tough little conference now and then and if your numbers are low there isn't much to choose from.
Good luck to the new staff.