Freshman

How a high school lineman won the conference Player of the Year in 1983

Post by Penn1971 »

west33
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: How a high school lineman won the conference Player of the Year in 1983

Post by west33 »

Eric Johnson was a special player. Blacklick had tons of talent in 1982. No coaches lost that game. I played in that hot day game. We played night games and ran out of gas from the heat we weren't used to. I had a great game going and cramped up. Shade had our best defensive player out and our best wr out. We had a new guy at wr and he dropped a td wide open. We had to put a new guy at mlb who marines knocked out of the game. That allowed Blacklick to come back. Our mlb was our leading tackler. He was out and was our best wr also. Coaches didn't lose this game. It was one of the best high school games I ever played in and saw. Shandor and Hue Conrad were excellent coaches. I am still great friends and still talk to the Blacklick kids about this game. I feel if we had our talented player in this game the outcome would have been different. But we still won with backups in those key positions on the road in a hostile environment playing in a day game. Coaches were great on both sides. Players played their hearts out. I am glad I was a part of that day which is a memory I never will forget. It sucks a team had to lose that day! 

er
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

What game are you referring to?
west33
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by west33 »

The Shade at Blacklick game when they were both undefeated in 1982. Shade won 23-22.