PC Head Football Coach

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

PC Head Football Coach

Post by kmr »

Altoona Mirror has that PC is looking for a new head football coach.  Pretty late for this to happen.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PC Head Football Coach

Post by Manfred »

Don't know if this is the case or not, but some schools routinely open the position every year or ?
It ain't over until it's over.
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

I heard this evening he resigned and plans to join the Altoona coaching staff.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

kmr wrote:I heard this evening he resigned and plans to join the Altoona coaching staff.
Just don't pass on 2nd and goal from the 5 with 30 seconds left with two timeouts and your top back to that point had 222 yards rushing and passed the ball 4 times the whole game....1 was picked 0-5 passing for the game...and your best receiver sits the bench the whole year and catches 3 passes for 37 yards in the last game ending up with more yards and receptions than 3 other receivers that played 100 times more snaps than he did ....
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

At the conclusion of last year's season I thought there would be changes at PC and CC.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

kmr wrote:I heard this evening he resigned and plans to join the Altoona coaching staff.
First time I've seen a bleachercoach comment referenced and shot down in the mirror. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

I couldn't believe it when I read it.  But I also couldn't believe that Franco's name is tied with PC.  
Grassi will eventually be at Altoona  
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

I also can't believe the Mirror actually follows some of the crap I put on here. Lol
Penn1971
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Penn1971 »

There is about a zero percent chance of John Franco taking that job. Perhaps Tyrone and PC are the same size, but the analogy stops there.

Penn Cambria has struggled since its inception with animus. Where else was a school board jailed overnight except at PC? Yes, that was Joe O'Kicki, but the anger in that district has had a deleterious effect on the football program. Not sure exactly why, but the job has been a political football.

That is why no football coach has lasted ten years.

The only coach who has been able to master PC has been Bruce Frycklund, who had about five district titles in boys basketball. He did a fabulous job, but the board pretty much left him alone. Football has been another story.

John knows the history. He also knows that they had graduation and he would have to start over again. At his age, that is probably not desirable. Perhaps he would be desperate that this could be the best that he could find. Still, he should ask Ernie Fetzer or Tony Tomaselli or Corky McCabe -- or Justin Wheeler -- about the unique challenges that can be found at PC in football.

I would be shocked if Franco would take a job like that. In fact, that whole scenario may be only in the mind of the reporter who wrote it, not in the minds of others.

I could be wrong, but ...

PC is a tough job.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

I'm not sure PC football ever recovered from the antics of Chuck "Riverboat" Lucidore (rest his soul.) Since he never did follow Jimbo Covert to land that major D1 assistant FB coaching job, he decided he could do one better by taking his act to Cresson. He seemed to move around a lot. What's the phra$e? Follow the money...or lack threrof.
Lucidore was a self-proclaimed member of HS football Mensa. However, Ground Chuck was in Cresson one day, and then disappeared under the cover of darkness shortly after coaching in the Lantzy game. It was parallel to the NFL Colts leaving Baltimore to head to Indy. The only thing missing was the Mayflower Moving van!!! Legend says that Coach never did get around to stopping in to buy that new car at a local dealership.
Not $ure why Riverboat left, what he may have taken, or where he went, but he passed away in the early 2000s. RIP Ground Chuck. Here's to one last Coach Burger at PJ's!
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown