CC school board says split out the private schools

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
d6coach
Freshman
Freshman

Re: CC school board says split out the private schools

Post by d6coach »

That post was so far off base. Plenty of public schools have talent, work hard, bring in kids in the off season, have backing, do camps etc. These are successful teams. What we are talking about is the UNFAIRNESS of a lower classification small public school who does these things having to beat a BG without it being a level playing field. Not about lil Johnny or lil Jill getting a participation trophy. Look how many years Becahi kept Reynolds from the state title in wrestling. Then coach Karam did the honorable thing and bumped Becahi up. He did it even though PIAA would have left him win 20 more state titles while Reynolds had to play by the border rules. I am happy that these boys have worked so hard at BG and have acheived so much. Im talking about the system that makes other schools who work hard and do everything right have to fight a disadvantage. Im not bucking these kids. Im bucking the system.
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

:ymapplause:  :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

The problem with some posts and posters are the assumption(s) that they (we) are correct and informed.  

Poster complains about public schools getting the government involved so kids can have a trophy, but ignores the government involvement and possible litigation posed by a local private school so the private school can gain said trophy.  Throwing out a comment that "public schools are short on culture building" is the giant flag waiving for the post that says, "I just throw crap to the wall to see what sticks."  Using this same "throw crap" logic I have come to the conclusion that the problem can be found in part of the posters name "D6".  We all know the problem is district 6 has raised short-sighted, angry, poorly educated men.  

Ill informed posts should be reserved for Facebook, not BleacherCoaches.  There are so many moving parts that we are all unaware of and our failure to acknowledge this before we type is not a good thing.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Agreed, hot takes on facebook is like jam on toast, they just go together. 
CRWizard
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by CRWizard »

d6coach wrote:That post was so far off base. Plenty of public schools have talent, work hard, bring in kids in the off season, have backing,  do camps etc. These are successful teams. What we are talking about is the UNFAIRNESS of a lower classification small public school who does these things having to beat a BG without it being a level playing field. Not about lil Johnny or lil Jill getting a participation trophy. Look how many years Becahi kept Reynolds from the state title in wrestling. Then coach Karam did the honorable thing and bumped Becahi up. He did it even though PIAA would have left him win 20 more state titles while Reynolds had to play by the border rules. I am happy that these boys have worked so hard at BG and have acheived so much. Im talking about the system that makes other schools who work hard and do everything right have to fight a disadvantage. Im not bucking these kids. Im bucking the system.
This post goes to show you how complex the perception of competitive fairness is.   Reynolds Wrestling recruits via their co-op with Kennedy  Catholic.  Know who the AD and Director of Student Life is at Kennedy Catholic?  Reynolds HC Casey Taylor.  
d6coach
Freshman
Freshman

Post by d6coach »

CRWizard wrote:
d6coach wrote:That post was so far off base. Plenty of public schools have talent, work hard, bring in kids in the off season, have backing,  do camps etc. These are successful teams. What we are talking about is the UNFAIRNESS of a lower classification small public school who does these things having to beat a BG without it being a level playing field. Not about lil Johnny or lil Jill getting a participation trophy. Look how many years Becahi kept Reynolds from the state title in wrestling. Then coach Karam did the honorable thing and bumped Becahi up. He did it even though PIAA would have left him win 20 more state titles while Reynolds had to play by the border rules. I am happy that these boys have worked so hard at BG and have acheived so much. Im talking about the system that makes other schools who work hard and do everything right have to fight a disadvantage. Im not bucking these kids. Im bucking the system.
This post goes to show you how complex the perception of competitive fairness is.   Reynolds Wrestling recruits via their co-op with Kennedy  Catholic.  Know who the AD and Director of Student Life is at Kennedy Catholic?  Reynolds HC Casey Taylor.  
Wow interesting. Thanks for the info. Just further advances what I was saying then. So Becahi AND Reynolds had a competitive advantage through private school border rules. Now its just Reynolds at the top lol. 
CMM52
Junior
Junior

Post by CMM52 »

I guess where I'm confused is why are people assuming that if you just eliminate BG and private schools that all of a sudden all the small schools in D5/D6 have a chance now?  The best public school team, in my opinion, coming out of here was Berlin a couple of years ago.  They beat Clairton but then lost to another wpial public school team the following week.  Fact is, due to demographics, the area just isn't that good.  Go ahead and eliminate a school like BG and the area will be even more of a joke than it already is.  Truth isn't always pretty.  
d6coach
Freshman
Freshman

Post by d6coach »

So winning a district title isnt a goal for a hard working talented local team?
CMM52
Junior
Junior

Post by CMM52 »

d6coach wrote:So winning a district title isnt a goal for a hard working talented local team?
Now wait a second, I think a district title is a fine goal, you should want to win as many games as you can.  What everyone says though is that it's impossible to win a championship with all these private schools.  Attendance is awful bc all these private schools, etc...  The big argument everyone goes to is that they can't win a championship with these private schools bc its unfair.  
CMM52
Junior
Junior

Post by CMM52 »

Go ahead and remove BG and Clairton wins maybe 4 state championships in a row. Then everyone would be crying it's unfair bc they have too many athletes or this or that. People are going to complain no matter what.