Chestnut Ridge vs. Central

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Chestnut Ridge vs. Central

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

OK, trying to get the talk going on another big game this week.  How 'bout this one?   Two 4-1 teams that appear to be really good. 

Ridge's only loss has been to an undefeated, ranked AAA team from West Virginia (their highest class). Otherwise they've been impressive.  Logan Hauck is one of the best players in the area nobody seems to talk about.  With Ridge being independent, I feel they sometimes get overlooked. I think they're legit this year. 

Central's only loss was to 5A Hollidaysburg on opening night, otherwise they've won their last 4 games by multiple touchdowns each time. Central has been one of the more consistent programs in the area the past 6-7 years.  They are on quite a run. 

Any thoughts on this one?
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Chestnut Ridge vs. Central

Post by TAHS92Alum »

I think that it should be a good one. Common opponent is BEA - Ridge won 43-6 and Central won 35-7

I'm always intrigued by the short passing game of Ridge.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Correct me if I'm wrong but is Coach Baker still coaching Central?  Wasn't he an assistant at Chestnut Ridge for quite a while under Dan Wilkins?
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Not sure how far back that goes.... I believe Baker was at Williamsburg for alot of years prior
-BIRDS OF PREY-
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

abpk2903 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but is Coach Baker still coaching Central?  Wasn't he an assistant at Chestnut Ridge for quite a while under Dan Wilkins?
Yes, he was an assistant under Coach Wikins
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
OCoach
Freshman
Freshman

Post by OCoach »

TAHS92Alum wrote:I think that it should be a good one. Common opponent is BEA - Ridge won 43-6 and Central won 35-7

I'm always intrigued by the short passing game of Ridge.
Should be a very good game. Not a typical Central team from years past, and this CR team is as tough as anyone in the MTN League will see, outside of maybe Huntingdon.