LHAC vs Mountain League

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
dougkeklak
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC vs Mountain League

Post by dougkeklak »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I'd like to see this happen, not a fan of the 10 game conference schedule the LHAC employs.  Would be nice to get a non-conference game in the regular season. Doesn't necessarily have to be this Mountain crossover thing, but I wish the schools had the option. 
Agreed.  From a Johnstown perspective, I'd rather see them pick up Altoona but honestly, anything to get some variety in the schedule.  Seems like the only place you get any variety in the LHAC is one of the scrimmages sometimes involves a non-conference team.
dougkeklak
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dougkeklak »

knowitall wrote:Once upon a time it was nice when Richland played Windber, Ferndale played Westmont, Forest Hills played Portage, Johnstown played Altoona and Cambria Heights played Northern Cambria.  Those days are gone.  I really see no issue with the LHAC playing a ten game schedule other than it doesn't guarantee annual rivalry games within the conference for some teams (Richland-Forest Hills for example).
I hear what you're saying and it reminds me of the college football rhetoric around once rivals like Pitt-Penn State, Pitt-WVU, Texas-Texas A&M, etc.  League play is what matters around D6 and it's a fair point.    Looking as some of those teams you mentioned and if I may cross-pollinate for a second, I think Richland-Ferndale would be a fun game this year. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Does Somerset have a rival?  In conference or out?
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

knowitall wrote:Does Somerset have a rival?  In conference or out?
I would think Bedford recently? Not sure. Bedford/Ridge is more of a thing, but Idk who else would be.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

knowitall wrote:Once upon a time it was nice when Richland played Windber, Ferndale played Westmont, Forest Hills played Portage, Johnstown played Altoona and Cambria Heights played Northern Cambria.  Those days are gone.  I really see no issue with the LHAC playing a ten game schedule other than it doesn't guarantee annual rivalry games within the conference for some teams (Richland-Forest Hills for example).
The good old days
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Somerset would consider Bishop McCort their rival. As would Johnstown, Westmont, and Richland.

All 4 schools designate it as their "rivalry game" on their Maxpreps page.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Yea, they don't play Ridge, but I see Central beating them, maybe Juniata. Perhaps they should be ahead of Bellefonte, but I think that Johnstown vs Bellefonte is also the district final game
-BIRDS OF PREY-
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

D6-9 final will be jtown vs Bradford in all likelihood
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Chevytrucks75 wrote:Forest hills vs central will be played this year for D6 AAA Championship so that should be a good game
I wouldn't assume this after tonight 
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

EaglealumsGhost wrote:D6-9 final will be jtown vs Bradford in all likelihood
Bellefonte might have a thing or two to say about that.