LHAC vs Mountain League

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

LHAC vs Mountain League

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Seeing the talk about schedules in the Tyrone thread got me thinking. Traditionally, I think that top to bottom, the LHAC is usually a more solid conference. The top 2-3 teams from each every year would go toe to toe but for the middle and low teams, the LHAC would probably get the nod in my book. That being said, I think it would be awesome to see a crossover series like the WestPac and Heritage every year with the LHAC and Mountain League. So far this year, these would be the matchups, thoughts? Next year throw Chestnut Ridge in the mix.

Guilfoyle vs Huntington 
Forest Hills vs Central
Johnstown vs Bellefonte
McCort vs Clearfield
Cambria Heights vs Bald Eagle
Richland vs Tyrone
Bedford vs PO
Westmont vs Penns Valley
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC vs Mountain League

Post by knowitall »

Yawn.  
Too much travel.  Those games are best left for the playoffs.
Chevytrucks75
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Chevytrucks75 »

Forest hills vs central will be played this year for D6 AAA Championship so that should be a good game
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

LHAC takes 7 of 8....at least
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Chevytrucks75 wrote:Forest hills vs central will be played this year for D6 AAA Championship so that should be a good game
Lot of folks talking about this.  Not much love for Huntington once playoffs start.  Been quite a few years since the Don and the Rangers were in the title game.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I'd like to see this happen, not a fan of the 10 game conference schedule the LHAC employs.  Would be nice to get a non-conference game in the regular season. Doesn't necessarily have to be this Mountain crossover thing, but I wish the schools had the option. 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

It was nice when Richland played Bellwood when both had a nice team in '12 and '13
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Once upon a time it was nice when Richland played Windber, Ferndale played Westmont, Forest Hills played Portage, Johnstown played Altoona and Cambria Heights played Northern Cambria. Those days are gone. I really see no issue with the LHAC playing a ten game schedule other than it doesn't guarantee annual rivalry games within the conference for some teams (Richland-Forest Hills for example).
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

CCDevil2012 wrote:Seeing the talk about schedules in the Tyrone thread got me thinking. Traditionally, I think that top to bottom, the LHAC is usually a more solid conference. The top 2-3 teams from each every year would go toe to toe but for the middle and low teams, the LHAC would probably get the nod in my book. That being said, I think it would be awesome to see a crossover series like the WestPac and Heritage every year with the LHAC and Mountain League. So far this year, these would be the matchups, thoughts? Next year throw Chestnut Ridge in the mix.

Guilfoyle vs Huntington 
Forest Hills vs Central
Johnstown vs Bellefonte
McCort vs Clearfield
Richland vs Tyrone
Bedford vs PO
Westmont vs Penns Valley
Its not that the bottom of the league is weak, the LHAC just have more teams to line up. I think it would be more like this, including honorary member CR. Would be nice if some member would get on the wagon and let Hollidaysburg in as well.
Guilfoyle vs Central 
Forest Hills vs Chestnut Ridge
Johnstown vs Bellefonte
McCort vs Huntingdon
Cambria Heights vs Clearfield
Richland vs Tyrone
Bedford vs BEA
Westmont vs Penns Valley
or the bottom 
BC vs PO
That would make for an interesting week 10
-BIRDS OF PREY-
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

TAHS92Alum wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:Seeing the talk about schedules in the Tyrone thread got me thinking. Traditionally, I think that top to bottom, the LHAC is usually a more solid conference. The top 2-3 teams from each every year would go toe to toe but for the middle and low teams, the LHAC would probably get the nod in my book. That being said, I think it would be awesome to see a crossover series like the WestPac and Heritage every year with the LHAC and Mountain League. So far this year, these would be the matchups, thoughts? Next year throw Chestnut Ridge in the mix.

Guilfoyle vs Huntington 
Forest Hills vs Central
Johnstown vs Bellefonte
McCort vs Clearfield
Richland vs Tyrone
Bedford vs PO
Westmont vs Penns Valley
Its not that the bottom of the league is weak, the LHAC just have more teams to line up. I think it would be more like this, including honorary member CR. Would be nice if some member would get on the wagon and let Hollidaysburg in as well.
Guilfoyle vs Central 
Forest Hills vs Chestnut Ridge
Johnstown vs Bellefonte
McCort vs Huntingdon
Cambria Heights vs Clearfield
Richland vs Tyrone
Bedford vs BEA
Westmont vs Penns Valley
or the bottom 
BC vs PO
That would make for an interesting week 10
You think Huntington is 4th best this year?