Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Westpac-Heritage Crossovers

Post by Coach »

Any idea what the matchups look like?
Berlin @ LV
Portage @ HC`
Windber @ NC? It looked like Purchase Line was going to finish 3rd but they lost last night.  I guess it depends on if NC beats WS next week.
What other matchups do you expect to see?
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Westpac-Heritage Crossovers

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Portage-HC

Should be a great game but I'm guessing neither team does or show much since they will probably have the 2-3 seed locked and look to meet in the playoffs again.
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

If PL loses (to LV), United wins (over MC), and PM wins (over Saltsburg) all three of those teams will be 5-4.  And if WS beats NC (a slight upset), five teams would be 5-4.  And they will have all lost to the top 2 teams and beaten the bottom three teams.  Also - they would all be 2-2 versus each other.  I have no idea what the tie breaker would then be amongst them to determine seeds 3 through 7.  Similarly, Blairsville, Saltsburg and MC could all end up 1-8 with each one beating one of the other three.  So other than LV and Homer, none of the seeds 3 through 10 are obvious unless somebody knows what the tiebreakers specifically are.  If NC wins - they would be 3 and WS would be 7 if there are no other upsets.  Does anybody know the tiebreakers for seeds after record and head-to-head?
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by SoftWalkinBigStick »

How does this crossover work? Who all is involved? How long have they been doing this?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The ten teams in the Heritage Conference play the ten teams in the WestPAC.  1 plays 1 and on down the line.  This is the second year they will do so.
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by SoftWalkinBigStick »

Oh cool. I don't know how I missed this last year. I kept hearing about it this year and wasn't sure what all it entailed.
cleaverstuart
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by cleaverstuart »

BlueYonder wrote:If PL loses (to LV), United wins (over MC), and PM wins (over Saltsburg) all three of those teams will be 5-4.  And if WS beats NC (a slight upset), five teams would be 5-4.  And they will have all lost to the top 2 teams and beaten the bottom three teams.  Also - they would all be 2-2 versus each other.  I have no idea what the tie breaker would then be amongst them to determine seeds 3 through 7.  Similarly, Blairsville, Saltsburg and MC could all end up 1-8 with each one beating one of the other three.  So other than LV and Homer, none of the seeds 3 through 10 are obvious unless somebody knows what the tiebreakers specifically are.  If NC wins - they would be 3 and WS would be 7 if there are no other upsets.  Does anybody know the tiebreakers for seeds after record and head-to-head?
I've been wondering the same thing since United's victory Friday night.  I have no idea what is next when head to head are equal, my quess is that district rankings would be used to determine the seeds. (Victories over WS a AA school would be put those schools above those that loss to WS)
footballguy99
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by footballguy99 »

Based on week 9 predictions:
Berlin-Ligonier Valley (locked in)
Portage-Homer Center (Picking Port over Fern)
Windber-Northern Cambria (If WS beats NC this all changes)
Ferndale-United (U beat PM and PL)
Meyersdale-Penns Manor (Beat PL) (even if Mey beats Windber they are here)
Shade-Purchase Line (lost h2h vs U and PM) (Shade lost h2h vs Mey)
Blacklick-West Shamokin (BV beat NS h2h) 
North Star-Blairsville/MC/Salt (good spot for NS)
Conemaugh Twp-Blairsville/MC/Salt
Conemaugh Valley-Blairsville/MC/Salt
The last 3 Heritage teams all beat each other in round robin play.  If the tiebreaker is point differential I think Blairsville is the highest seed with a 14 point win and 3 point loss  
This could get interesting when it comes to District 5A standings.  NS benefits from getting the weakest team.  They own a tiebreaker over Shade.  
It is all very interesting for D6A as well as teams could earn or lose potential byes.  
There won't be much movement if any from the Westpac teams here. The Heritage really depends on the NC vs WS game. 
footballguy99
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by footballguy99 »

Anyone see flaws in that? I'm not sure of everything. Just tried to use head to heads and predictions.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Shade beat Meyersdale so that's incorrect. 
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches