Making Single A Fun Again

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Re: Making Single A Fun Again

Post by Crushersports »

DCor50 wrote:Don't count on it Privateer.  Replacing Andrews and Walters on offense will be tough.  Walters is the all time TD leader.  If you think #33/#36 will run as tough as Walters you're crazy!  I will agree that #12 is going to be special for the next 2 years.  Phillips will be real tough to replace too.  McCort is lucky to be going to A, they wouldn't compete at AA next year.
Andrews little brother has the potential to be just as good and maybe better. You don't replace those guys Phillips, Walters or Andrews but they are loaded with skill guys. I'd tend to agree with privateer on this MCCORT will be tough in A next year.
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

Crushersports wrote:
DCor50 wrote:Don't count on it Privateer.  Replacing Andrews and Walters on offense will be tough.  Walters is the all time TD leader.  If you think #33/#36 will run as tough as Walters you're crazy!  I will agree that #12 is going to be special for the next 2 years.  Phillips will be real tough to replace too.  McCort is lucky to be going to A, they wouldn't compete at AA next year.
Andrews little brother has the potential to be just as good and maybe better. You don't replace those guys Phillips, Walters or Andrews but they are loaded with skill guys. I'd tend to agree with privateer on this MCCORT will be tough in A next year.
Along the lines of this thread....McCort should stay in AA. 
stangin80
Junior
Junior

Post by stangin80 »

guru1 wrote:
Crushersports wrote:
Along the lines of this thread....McCort should stay in AA
I Agree Guru...
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The 8th Ward AC must be assuming that BG will be easier to beat than LV and FH the next two seasons
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

There's no real reason to play up for anyone in District 6. Teams in the WPIAL play up just to keep their regular season schedule traveling nearby, and to maintain rivalries. Aliquippa plays AAA so they can play Beaver Falls, Beaver, Central Valley ect, although it's portrayed like they do it for competitive reasons, it's more for practical reasons.   If you are in District 6, you play the same 10 games to start the year no matter what.  Might as well stay in the class you are placed in.  I don't see why Forest Hills would play AAA, or why Bishop McCort would play AA. What would be the point?
stangin80
Junior
Junior

Post by stangin80 »

BC is playing up.? They will be traveling an hour or more..With no rivals.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

There was no other choice for them, conference demanded it. Interesting note is that when they were removed from the reformed Heritage, they offered to play as AAA in LHAC and were told it was not necessary.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

stangin80 wrote:BC is playing up.? They will be traveling an hour or more..With no rivals.
They have a reason....their new conference is requiring them to do so. 
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:There's no real reason to play up for anyone in District 6. Teams in the WPIAL play up just to keep their regular season schedule traveling nearby, and to maintain rivalries. Aliquippa plays AAA so they can play Beaver Falls, Beaver, Central Valley ect, although it's portrayed like they do it for competitive reasons, it's more for practical reasons.   If you are in District 6, you play the same 10 games to start the year no matter what.  Might as well stay in the class you are placed in.  I don't see why Forest Hills would play AAA, or why Bishop McCort would play AA. What would be the point?
How about because it is the right thing to do since they can attract talent from multiple school districts? 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

If and when the PIAA decides to do something different with how they align their teams, playing where you are placed based off your enrollment is the right thing to do. There's no added incentive to play above your enrollment for anyone, unless it makes your regular season travel more manageable, like it does for Aliquippa.

Pawning off small private schools in class A to AA doesn't solve the problem that some people think exists, does it?