What will be left...

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: What will be left...

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

My read on education options in the state on this scale.

1. Suburban Public Schools.
2. Private/Catholic Schools.
3. Small Town Public Schools
4. Urban Public Schools.

I could be off, but generally if your options are say like Sto-Rox or Pittsburgh Central Catholic, I'd guess you'd send your child to PCC if you have the means.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

I believe to attend portage and not live in the district would cost over 10000 a year
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

So why don't you buy a house in Portage for $40,000. Have your kid go there for 4 years, and then sell the house when he graduates for $40,000 or more. Then you get your Portage education, and basically get your money back. Makes sense
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:I believe to attend portage and not live in the district would cost over 10000 a year
Well then I guess we should all believe that it costs $10,000
LTListenerFTCaller
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LTListenerFTCaller »

youngbuck wrote:
GoldenRamsFAN wrote:I believe to attend portage and not live in the district would cost over 10000 a year
Well then I guess we should all believe that it costs $10,000
I believe if you look at the PDF document that was attached to a previous message Portage is $10,207.44 for the 2016-2017 school year.
The DEAL of the DAY is Richland at $8,940.57
BUT, If cost follows quality then we should all move to Blacklick at $12,565.17.  who knew Blacklick is the Harvard of Cambria County!
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

The Juniata Valley girls situation is a joke. They got together because of an AAU team. That is where District 6 should step in and stop this when it happens. The girls from Ridge asked about going to a school in District 5 and the school itself turned them down. District 5 would not have allowed the transfer to go through for them to play. If they wanted a Valley education over a Ridge education then the athletic committee shouldn't stop that, but they should stop the playing basketball. I will say though, from what I know at least 1 parent and the girls do live in the district. That makes it legal, but not correct competition wise.