Awards time.

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
WhiteWolf
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Awards time.

Post by WhiteWolf »

When is the Trib Dem all star team coming out? This weekend? 
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Should come out this Sunday, heard they're doing a nice piece on Beitel winning Coach of the Year back to back. Hope that all the mccort linebackers and their tackles get some accolades
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Lot of good linebackers this year on the list. Probably the deepest position overall.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

WhiteWolf wrote:When is the Trib Dem all star team coming out? This weekend? 
It's Christmas all over again , Jackson Daughtery player of the year!!!  Another stud from LV.   Great job Jax.   We will just keep the belt for another year because it will be Tutinos next year.
My favorite non LV Ram John Long gets offensive player of the year.  Liked him when I saw him against Huntingdon and BG this year.
But .......................coach of the year, how is it not split between Beitel and Bailey.  Horrible not to give LV coaching some love.   
Defensive player award is a joke, at least 7 players with better numbers.  This should have gone to the Ferndale kid or Elgin.  Or even Joey Dubic , another LV beast.  Another miss by the TD
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:When is the Trib Dem all star team coming out? This weekend? 
It's Christmas all over again , Jackson Daughtery player of the year!!!  Another stud from LV.   Great job Jax.   We will just keep the belt for another year because it will be Tutinos next year.
My favorite non LV Ram John Long gets offensive player of the year.  Liked him when I saw him against Huntingdon and BG this year.
But .......................coach of the year, how is it not split between Beitel and Bailey.  Horrible not to give LV coaching some love.   
Defensive player award is a joke, at least 7 players with better numbers.  This should have gone to the Ferndale kid or Elgin.  Or even Joey Dubic , another LV beast.  Another miss by the TD
Well Beitel had a team loaded with talent. When I think of a coach of the year, I think of a coach who did more with little or finished better than they were supposed to or turn around from year before.
Noah Dillow as defensive player of the year is no joke. You can't just go off of stats. Half of these kids had huge tackle numbers that we're not sure how credible. Dillow < this speaks for itself. Dillow was a beast and did it against good teams. 
Congrats to Daugherty and Long. Well deserved.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

When you play on a good team, as far as defense goes, you aren't going to have the stats as someone that may have played on a team that relied on 1-2 guys to make a lot of plays.  And I think sometimes hurts a kid in awards like this.  If Noah Dillow played on a 3-7 team he'd have a million tackles. He's still the same player on Chestnut Ridge, they just happened to have a good team defense.  

I don't think Noah Dillow's selection really needs justified.  Watch his Hudl and you'd know he just plays at a different speed and hits harder than just about every other kid in the area.  He's a special player. 

I feel confident that we picked the right guy for this one.  
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

As far as coach goes, 3 were considered. It came down to expectations. Forest Hills wasn't supposed to be 12-2 this year following multiple 5-6 seasons. They turned it around in a big way.

Ligonier was supposed to go 13-2 this year. They didn't sneak up on anyone. Roger did an amazing job however. The injuries they dealt with were as bad as anyone else in the area.

It was a close call though. Both are very good obviously.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

How in the world are you going to justify Austin Barber?  First team anything?   32 tackles, 1 pick,  0 sacks, played LB not Db.  8th best qb in the area?
On his own team, Khari Perry had 60 tackles, 2.5 sacks ( which was more than Shamar Jones) , 4 ints and 9 tackles for losses.  Imil Britt another team mate led area in interceptions with 5 more than Barber had.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Yeah Dillow was good selection IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Jim,
Your argument holds no water at all.   [font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]When you play on a good team, as far as defense goes, you aren't going to have the stats as someone that may have played on a team that relied on 1-2 guys to make a lot of plays.  And I think sometimes hurts a kid in awards like this.  If Noah Dillow played on a 3-7 team he'd have a million tackles. He's still the same player on Chestnut Ridge, they just happened to have a good team defense.[/font]
Ferndale gave up 197
Forest Hills gave up 189
Chestnut Ridge gave up 187.
all of these were excellent defenses.  All teams won in the playoffs.  All had TEAMS with multiple contributors, not just 1-2 players as you pointed out in your post.  
Kinsey   157  tackles   15 tackles for losses    (not to mention that he led the area in passing, since as previous poster mention that is what got Barber from Johnstown on the first team defense, as he had less than impressive numbers as a defensive player.)
Elgin      142 tackles   12 tackles for losses 1 sack
Dillow    108 tackles   11 tackles for loses   1 sack