Early Signing Day

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
MrAnonymous
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Early Signing Day

Post by MrAnonymous »

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know how a player gets their star rating? I remember Smith from LV being a 2 and 3 by some recruiting services, but not sure how a player gets that rating. Tutino from LV comes to mind now...he’s getting a lot of D1 looks from what I’m hearing, but his name doesn’t even appear on any of the recruiting boards like rivals or 24/7. I know colleges put a lot of stock into those ratings so I’m curious as to how they’re determined.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

MrAnonymous wrote:This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know how a player gets their star rating? I remember Smith from LV being a 2 and 3 by some recruiting services, but not sure how a player gets that rating. Tutino from LV comes to mind now...he’s getting a lot of D1 looks from what I’m hearing, but his name doesn’t even appear on any of the recruiting boards like rivals or 24/7. I know colleges put a lot of stock into those ratings so I’m curious as to how they’re determined.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cougce ... igning-day
MrAnonymous
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by MrAnonymous »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
MrAnonymous wrote:This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know how a player gets their star rating? I remember Smith from LV being a 2 and 3 by some recruiting services, but not sure how a player gets that rating. Tutino from LV comes to mind now...he’s getting a lot of D1 looks from what I’m hearing, but his name doesn’t even appear on any of the recruiting boards like rivals or 24/7. I know colleges put a lot of stock into those ratings so I’m curious as to how they’re determined.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cougce ... igning-day
Thanks!
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

CoffinCorner wrote:
D6FBfan wrote:Nick Leamer OL from BG commits to Saint Francis, Daniel Ramsey OL from BG to Millersville
What about Conrad and Sankey?   BG football Twitter was talking these two up as major D1 recruits.  And only Lock Haven has offered?  
Saw Sankey went to LHU. What about Conrad? And what about Yasulitis? 
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Most band members are rated a one and a two.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

guru1 wrote:
CoffinCorner wrote:
D6FBfan wrote:Nick Leamer OL from BG commits to Saint Francis, Daniel Ramsey OL from BG to Millersville
What about Conrad and Sankey?   BG football Twitter was talking these two up as major D1 recruits.  And only Lock Haven has offered?  
Saw Sankey went to LHU. What about Conrad? And what about Yasulitis? 
Conrad to St. Francis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Hard to understand SFU, was Conrad better athlete than Long, Daughtery, Randanzo or K. Perry who all went D2?
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Star rating obtained by going to camps in tshirts and shorts, has nothing to do with on field play, remember Smith had all his offers going into his spectacular Senior year, not as a result of it.  Same went for Xree, he was offered by Pitt before he had his senior season.  
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

youngbuck wrote:Hard to understand SFU, was Conrad better athlete than Long, Daughtery, Randanzo or K. Perry who all went D2?
I'd pick schools like IUP or Slippery Rock over St. Francis every time.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

youngbuck wrote:Hard to understand SFU, was Conrad better athlete than Long, Daughtery, Randanzo or K. Perry who all went D2?
Must be doing something right though, they've won some big games the last couple of seasons. Also, I think kids weigh how much they're going to play when choosing. Stand on the sidelines at SFU for 4 years and get an education vs having the chance to play at a D2