Tussey Mt. Football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CRWizard
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Tussey Mt. Football

Post by CRWizard »

What is going on at TM?  I saw in the paper yesterday that Coach Smith wasn't rehired.  Why have the vote if you are not going to hire him?  Usually there is a vote to hire someone.  I have never seen a vote to not hire somebody.  Bizarre. I see today that they are advertising in the Gazette for the position again.  
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Tussey Mt. Football

Post by Manfred »

Aliquippa's ex coach is available.
It ain't over until it's over.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I think this is usually a PR move. 
"We didn't fire him, the position is just open and he can re-apply if he wants" 
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

Way I read it was he needs five votes. And one person was absent. Probably he’s rehired later I’d assume.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Bold move by Tussey....  SMH..
Attachments
16040.jpeg
CRWizard
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by CRWizard »

They hired a felon.   =))
Bagman
Junior
Junior

Post by Bagman »

This is pathetic ! TM let go a good coach that puts more time into his position than anybody in the district but he just hasn't had the horses the last few years. All the board needed to do was look at all the male sports at TM right now and realize we don't have a ton of athletes running around the halls right now. Small school sports run in cycles and changing a coach is not always the answer. However they chose to bring in a coach from a distance with a questionable past. We probably will be right back in this position very soon looking to replace the coach.
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

Smith went 2-28 the last 3 years, but had some really nice seasons before that. From what I can see, the guy they just hired went 2-26 the last 3 years. And he's a criminal. I don't see where this is a step up in any way. Maybe the Tussey board knows something the rest of us don't.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Tussey must pay real well for him to pay back what he owes.
It ain't over until it's over.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

As a fellow coach, I am sad to see Coach Smith go. He was one of the hardest working coaches in our league. We did 7 on 7 with them sometimes and he always worked hard to improve all of his players not just the best kids. He spent a lot of time in the weight room with his guys as well. 

The record didn’t reflect his or the kids’ hard work over the last few years.   He was in it for the right reasons though and always had his teams well prepared. I always thought he did a great job with the kids up front and got all he could out of them. I’m sure he will have no problem landing another position soon if he chooses.  

Good luck in whatever you decide to pursue Coach Smith!
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches