Referee Shortage?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
no/excuses
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Referee Shortage?

Post by no/excuses »

Safetyblitz wrote:
dadw/2sons wrote:Sounds like some of you guys understand how wonderful it is out here on the field and court. Most of us do it for the kids, some don't. Something needs to be done soon, because whether you like it or not the games can't be played without us.In due time everybody will take notice.
So you are a piaa official and you come on here with your Catholic school prejudice!!!!??
How in the world can you interpret it that way?!?  My take is that these parents need to get over themselves. Schools need to ban these fans or parents who do follow the code of conduct. Their kids professional career is not being sabotaged by a referee.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

EaglealumsGhost wrote:People should pass a douche test before being aloud to post. Just an observation.
Wanted to thumbs up this not down  X(
Safetyblitz
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Safetyblitz »

no/excuses wrote:
Safetyblitz wrote:
dadw/2sons wrote:Sounds like some of you guys understand how wonderful it is out here on the field and court. Most of us do it for the kids, some don't. Something needs to be done soon, because whether you like it or not the games can't be played without us.In due time everybody will take notice.
So you are a piaa official and you come on here with your Catholic school prejudice!!!!??
How in the world can you interpret it that way?!?  My take is that these parents need to get over themselves. Schools need to ban these fans or parents who do follow the code of conduct. Their kids professional career is not being sabotaged by a referee.
He has a history for bashing the catholic schools on this site! I was surprised to here he was a official! 
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

no/excuses wrote:
Safetyblitz wrote:
At Penns Manor, if you are ejected from any game, you are banned FOR THE SEASON. If you are ejected from an away game I believe the AD contacts you. 
   A few years ago I said something very minor, and was ejected from a basketball game at Purchase line with 1 minute left. Lucky for me I know the security guards working that night. He called me the next day and said that after I left the official walked up to him and said "I threw the WRONG guy out". I got a laugh out of it and from what I understand,  so did the school board. It was discussed at the next meeting and the AD explained what happened.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Safetyblitz wrote:
no/excuses wrote:
Safetyblitz wrote: So you are a piaa official and you come on here with your Catholic school prejudice!!!!??
He has a history for bashing the catholic schools on this site! I was surprised to here he was a official! 
Yep, people can believe what they want about Catholic schools.  But at the end of the day, sometimes adults are blaming kids and taking it out on them.  And I don't exactly know if that's right. But to each their own. 
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

dadw/2sons wrote:Somebody send this to say-oww. He knows everything about officiating. He could probably do a whole football game by himself. Like I've said a lot on this site. Instead of criticizing us, come join us if you all think it is so easy to do it. I have 2 varsity seasons left before I hang it up.
smh....
Sykotyk
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Sykotyk »

District 10 has already been saying the past two offseasons, that the official shortage is becoming a huge issue and could result in more Thursday or Saturday football games just due to lack of available crews. Luckily, or unluckily, really, District 10 has just seen three of its teams disappear as Erie consolidated 3 schools into one and Youngsville is now co-oping with Warren. But, Erie games already tended to be played at least one on Saturday afternoon. So, either some more JV crews are going to get bumped up to varsity even if they're not quite ready for it, or some crews will work multiple games a weekend and there'll just have to be some more Thursday and Saturday games as the new norm.